Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Three months!

And one week = ) I have been trying to write this post for the past week but there seems to be little time to actually sit down & write lately now that I am back to work = (

Mr Baby (Aka baby dude) is now three months old. Where did the time go? The time is flying by, it is crazy! Mr Baby is doing well. He caught his first cold during his first week of daycare and it was a week of sleepless nights but he is feeling better now. He still has a cough though. Unfortunately, my dh and I both caught the cold as well. We finally felt better this past weekend. Mr Baby came home with a cough the Friday of his first week and it seemed to get worse throughout that weekend so as first time parents, we decided to take him to the drs that Monday. My DH was so sweet -- he stayed home from work & took him into the drs office for me since I was just back to work & with having such a stupid manager, thought it best not to call in already. I felt really guilty not being there with him at the drs but my DH did great! Of course, Mr Baby did not cough at all during the appt! The little stinker!! The pediatrician said it was most likely the common cold & to try a humidifier (which we were already doing) and vicks vaper rub (which we tried the vicks vapor plug in thingie instead.) It took about a week for his cold to start getting better and boy was this a tough week in terms of sleep! I was up every hour or two trying to console him. I felt so bad that there was not more I could do. I do not look forward to his next cold. I would take any cold away from him in a heartbeat.

Mr Baby seems to like daycare from what I can tell. I wish I could tell if they were stimulating him enough but I do know they are doing things like tummy time. I have wanted to visit during lunch but work has been so busy I have not had the time since it is a 15-20 minute drive each way to the daycare, which would leave me very little time to spend there. The ladies taking care of the infants seem very nice and they just reorganized a little. They have 12 infants, including 4 babies. So they took the room they had just cribs in for sleeping & turned it into the baby room. They also try as much as possible to have the same caretaker with the babies. I like that they are trying new things and working to make it a better place for the children. It is a very small daycare though -- and I happened to see over the holidays the daycare my SIL takes her kids too and it was much much nicer so I am a little jealous! But since our original daycare closed, this was the best one we could find in such a limited time. So, for now, we are happy and going to keep giving this a chance. I am on the waitlist for another one that looks a little nicer but they will not have a spot until at least June.

My Baby is smiling a lot these days! He is chewing on his hands and he loves his burp cloths!! Toys smhoys - give him one of his burp cloths and he is a happy camper! LOL! He does love his activity mat & his take along musical toy too! I did want to ask what your little one(s) favorite toys are? I am always looking for ideas to expand ways to stimulate or keep my little guy entertained!

Unfortunately, sleep is still not great! He goes to bed now around 8pm and will sleep anywhere from midnight to 3am (I love when he sleeps to 3am) so his first stretch is anywhere from 4 to 7 hours. This is not bad, but then after this, he is up every 2 hours until we wake up at 6am on the weekdays to get ready for work/daycare. And this past weekend, he woke up at 6am both days not wanting to go back to sleep (which I understand.) I know that it will get better but for now with working it is hard!

My in-laws are coming to visit in 2 weeks to help us out for a week with Mr Baby and our doggie! Our doggie's daycare is closed for 2 1/2 weeks and since he is almost 10 years old, we are afraid he can not stay home for 10-12 hours without an accident for 2 1/2 weeks. So, my inlaws are coming to help out as much as they can and then hopefully the other portion while we are working, our doggie will be OK. My inlaws -- they are wonderful! My parents -- I will have to post about this later to see what y'all think. I am very disappointed in my parents to say the least!

All in all, life is very very very good -- a little sleep hazed -- but very very very very good! I love my little guy with all my heart and would not trade the sleep haze for the world! I am hesitant to share pictures these days and I was going to post one here but realized it is on the my husband's side of the laptop. Oooops!
On that note, I should get going.

10 comments:

  1. Happy 3 months, Mr. Baby! I'm glad that, minus the sleep aspect, things seem to be going well. I can't believe it's been 3 months already. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah LOVES his burp cloths at 3 months too! That's funny that your baby is the same way.

    Lets see... at 3 months Noah liked his activity mat, Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy, and basically anything that sang and had lights. Oh and at 3 1/2 months he LOVED Sophie the Giraffe when he started holding items and chewing on them. 3 months is still a tricky age because they're alert and aware but can't "play" with a whole lot, so their toys kind of have to do all of the entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the time really does fly...I can't believe he's 3 months old already. Boo for his first cold but I guess it's good to get it out of the way so that he can build his immune system up. I'm sure it's hard to watch him suffer, though. Best of luck figuring out the sleep issue...seems a lot of my new mommy blogs are posting about sleep, or lack there of. I'm glad you have great in-laws...especially since it sounds like your own parents haven't stepped up the way you hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy three months little man! I know the colds are tough for everyone...it's so hard to guess what they want/need. We have struggled with that as well. There are SO many toys out there...Kylie didn't really start liking any toys until around 5 months. At first she liked soft toys that have crinkle parts and have something to suck on (http://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-Jacques-Peacock-Colors-Vary/dp/B000I2MRLK/ref=sr_1_18?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1295991906&sr=1-18), the playmat, the playnest (http://www.amazon.com/Galt-6850004-Playnest-Farm/dp/B000296KW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295991823&sr=8-1), and I think she would have loved her jumperoo if we would have had it then.

    Sorry your parents have been a pain and you feel disappointed. At least your in-laws have picked up the slack. Happy they are coming to help with Mr Baby and your doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your in-laws! how nice of them to come and help out.
    I can't believe Baby is growing so fast! and cuter by the day ... how is he doing that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy mackerel! Three months? Time zooms by. So glad that Mr. Baby is doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy three months!! My lil' man's sleep schedule is just about identical to yours. Those 7 hour stretches are the best!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I start to feel blah about the sleep, I think back to being up every three hours! I think we're on the road to our babies sleeping through the night!

    My boys like anything that lights up and we have a big airplane mobile that hangs in the middle of the room. I started laying them under it when I'm dressing and changing the other one and they love it.

    I hope you got the angelcare monitor. I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Angelcare-Baby-Movement-Monitor-White/dp/B0014KUGNQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1296052792&sr=8-3. I decided on this one since we already had a video monitor and I would be able to hear the alarm though that if anything were to happen. It is by far the best money we have spent for peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3 months Mr Baby :) Can't believe it's 3 months already. Glad to hear that you have your inlaws to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy A couple of months Mr Baby :) Are unable to believe it can be A few months currently. Happy to hear that you've your current inlaws suggest!
    Runescape 2007 Gold
    Gold On Runescape
    Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete