Friday, January 11, 2013

Cycle 3, CD11 Roller-coaster Ride Update

Today was a bit of a roller-coaster day. I should be used to this by now but it still is hard!  I went to my ultrasound bright and early at 730am this morning.  And there was no progress.  Follies were still small and had basically no growth since our last ultrasound on Tuesday. Ugh!  The nurse did not seem too optimistic about my cycle but reminded me that we needed to wait for the blood work to come back to see how my estrogen levels were doing!  So, on pins & needles worried about cancellation, she called late morning. And to my surprise, my e2 levels almost doubled from 48 to 90.  So, my RE suggested that we try 3 more days of increased meds (150iu to 225iu of Bravelle) and I will go back on Monday for another ultrasound.  After finding out my cycle was not cancelled, I was feeling that all hope was not lost yet.  I did look at my cycle last year that resulted in our BFP and my e2 level was already at 700 at this point (and our cycle with Aaron was also much higher at this point as well but I did not look at the exact numbers.)  My little bit of hope has dimmed but is not completely gone.  I will hope for the best but prepare for the worst!  That is how I can usually prevent myself from going crazy with this fertility stuff.  Unfortunately, I have to go in at 730am for labs and then go back at 1pm for an ultrasound as they are booked on Monday morning for scans.  It sounds like my RE will actually be doing the scan so that might be a good thing.  The nurse is awesome though.  She has done all my scans up to this point.  It was a strange thing for me to get used to as my old RE in Michigan used to do all scans & procedures.

Here's to a little bit of hope with a bunch of caution mixed in!! A friend of mine did remind me today about her IVF cycle with her little boy about how it started out really really slow and took off around day 11 of stims.  Last night was day 8 of stims for me.  I so appreciate stories of success - they give me a lot of hope. I would love to hear your stories and advice as well!! = )

8 comments:

  1. Oh it's soooo stressful! I really hope this weekend those follies pick up the slack! Slow and steady wins the race...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for not getting cancelled! I hope the 225iu dose does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be easier than this. I wish it were easier than this. Sending your follies lots of growing, positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how well I know what it's like to hear there's been no progress. It sucks. But knowing not all hope is lost is something! In everything, there are small things to be thankful for I guess. Really hoping increasing the Bravelle will work for you. Fingers crossed, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a gorgeous weekend like we are having now, no doubt it makes your follies happy and they will be perky and ready to produce at the next scan!!! :-)

    Thought of you yesterday as we spent the day at Riverbanks Zoo. Much smaller than I expected...

    Hope the follow up scan reveals good things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always read/heard that slow grown eggs are better than fast grown ones. I'm hoping for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you're just taking a little extra time to grow the perfect eggs!!! Good luck on your scan today, sending good follie thoughts =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping my fingers crossed for you Mama!!

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award <3
    http://twinkleoflight.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete