Thursday, May 22, 2014

29w2d Update

Another four weeks has gone by. Hard to believe.  We had another growth scan yesterday and it was so good to see my boys.  They both turned and are now breach with their heads right next to one another!! I have been a little short of breath this week and I imagine this is why!!!  Babies are measuring BIG at 3lbs 10oz and 3lbs.  No wonder I am uncomfortable.  My DS1 was 7lbs 4 oz at 39w6d!  Crazy my boys are almost the same combined right now.

Everything looked good except there is one possible concern.  They were only 2% different in size 4 weeks ago and now they are 18% so Baby Bs growth has slowed considerably compared to Baby A.  As a result, I am being referred to a MFM for a more in depth u/s.  They have better machines than my obs office and can check placenta & blood flows better.  My OB wasn't really too concerned but said it is better to be safe.  I totally agree.  My appt is next Tuesday! Hoping & praying everything is OK!

6 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying with you! Good luck on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to think lots of positive vibes for you!! Please keep us posted! We are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so close in time. I will be 31 weeks with my boys on Monday and they were measuring big as well. They will be here before we blink our eyes. Good luck at the MFM appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the boys are a great size and the docs are just being conservative by keeping a close eye on you. I think it's pretty unusual for a twin mama not to see an MFM at some point during her pregnancy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping all went well on Tuesday - let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping everything went well on Tuesday. Please let us know! You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete