Saturday, May 31, 2014

MFM Ultrasound

Thank you so much for the comments asking how things went on Tuesday!! I appreciate it very much! Things have been crazy this week.  I have a hard time posting from my phone and I do not get onto our laptop very often.  I am so pleased to say our ultrasound went well this past Tuesday.  Boys look really good and the MFM calculated their size difference to be only 7%, which is much better than 18% the OB calculated it to be!  The tech at the MFM actually wondered if my OBs office made a typo when they were completing the report as the measurements each took were not all that different. Just thankful all looks good.  Just wish I felt as good as they look!  This pregnancy is definitely taking its toll on my body!  It is probably a combination of having twins, being almost 42 and not being in the best shape of my life prior to getting pg.  Just trying to take it day by day!!

30w5d today = )  The MFM told me that average delivery for twins is between 35 and 36 weeks, and the max time before induction or scheduled c-section is 38w.  He said that if I were to go into labor before 34 weeks, they would try to stop it so that I could be given steroid shots to help the babies' lungs but they will not try to stop it after 34 weeks.  Hoping & Praying my little guys stay cooking inside for at least 3w2d!!!  I also found out that I will be switching from Lovenox to Heparin at 34w as well.  This will allow me to have a safer epidural and delivery so this is another reason I hope and hope these little guys stay inside until 34w as I am not sure what will happen if I go into labor while still on lovenox.

I am still working.  I have at least one more week to go and then I will go week by week whether I can make the commute, work 1/2 days or try to work from home.  As much as working from home sounds nice, the chair at my desk at work is actually more comfortable than any chairs at home. So we shall see.  I hope to work as long as possible so I have more time after they arrive.  I especially hope that I can work at least two more weeks as in two weeks my parents are coming to stay with me while my DH travels to Mexico for work.  Ugh!  My DH is the lead for a project related to his work that is being completed here & at a plant in Mexico, and the first build for the project is going on in two weeks.  Unfortunately, his manager can not be there due to other responsibilities so my DH has to go.  I just told him that he needs to be able to at any point in time hop on a plane to come home if needed.  I am thankful my parents are available to help me but I am a little stressed about them being here for a whole week.  I just have to remember to breathe!

Happy Saturday to everyone!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that your little men are measuring closer than your OB thought. Such a relief I'm sure! I can't believe how close it's getting! Is it just me or do second pregnancies zip by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Things have gone by fast! Hard to believe we are close to meeting our little ones!! Hope you are feeling well!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear things are measuring closer! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things look good with the boys! Stay snug for a while longer little guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to healthy twin boys!! You are doing great.. I understand how you are feeling because I am 38 years old and 32w with my boys and it is taking a toll on me as well. I am up from 130lbs to 190lbs and my body sure is letting me know! I'll do anything to keep them cozy for a while. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy the boys are doing great!!! My DH traveled when I was 37 weeks and I was worried too but it was uneventful. Hopefully your week of solo parenting will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Look after yourself and your boys. Make sure you rest, and listen to your body. All the best for the last few weeks (!!)

    ReplyDelete