It is hard to believe that I am 12 weeks today. One more week to go until my NT scan and if everything looks good, I will finally be able to relax a little more (and will finally be able to put up a ticker!). I am still quite nervous as some of the time I do not even feel pg. Other times, I am still tired & hungry like I have never been before. It drives me nuts that the symptoms come & go! I think if everything goes well, I am going to gain more than last time as I definitely was not this hungry last time! It is crazy to think that next Monday is the 2nd trimester already! I am hoping & praying everything looks good! My DH can not go with me to the appointment so I am very nervous. The paperwork states I will find out the results right away. Fingers crossed. This week can not go by fast enough. Although work has been really slow & really boring, thankfully the rest of my life is crazy busy! This helps the time to go by!
This weekend was actually VERY stressful. My parents were here visiting and while they have the best of intentions and they love my little guy very much, they are not very helpful. They just can not physically help much and at the same time, I think his activity level scares them. Plus they are set in their ways and used to having freedom so watching a toddler is not something that comes naturally to them. The last time they did this was almost 40 years ago and they had full time help when both my brother & I were this little. Although, this did not prevent my mom from being very annoying & making comments that should not have been made -- such as "your brother was not this hard to take care of." My dad was appalled by my little guy throwing food on the ground or throwing things over the gate that blocks the stairs to the basement. I was like - he is 18 months for goodness sake!! I am trying to teach my little guy to tell me he is all done with eating but throwing is another sign he is done! And they learn by throwing things down stairs. I just do not go get it or it will become a game.
Another little story, on Saturday, I got my hair cut and my parents drove my little guy around to help him take a nap. He fell asleep about 5 minutes before I was finished so we decided to drive 1 1/2 hours north to the closest mall so he could nap and so my mom could go to Sephora as they do not have one near where they live. Well, when we arrived close to the mall, we decided to try to get some lunch at Logans. We got into the restaurant and my little guy would not sit in a high chair. I tried and my dad tried but he just would not do it. So we left and just ate quickly at the mall. It was fine with me - he had just been in his carseat for 1 1/2 hours. I knew we would figure something out. And tonight my mom called to see how my little guy was feeling (as he was sick a good part of the weekend) but she could not help but tell me they stopped at Logan's for dinner because she wanted ribs that she could not get on Saturday and also about all the other kids sitting so nicely in their high chairs!. OMG - what was the point of her comment!! It took all my energy not to say something but I kept my cool and was like, if you really feel the need to say stuff like that, I am going to ignore you.
My mom drives me nuts! I keep telling myself to please not allow myself to become like my mom. I love her very much and I am very lucky to have the things I have but she drives me crazy! I know I drive her crazy too so it is both ways (especially since I am not an exercise aholic like her, I am "overweight" in her mind and I do not care about what others think about the way I look or dress. Where she is an exercise aholic, is very small and is way too concerned about what other things about all facets of her life.) I have been thinking lately and have figured out why I sometimes have a confidence problem. My mom is never happy with anything and is always complaining about something (nothing is every good enough) so I am thinking that rubbed off on me somehow and impacted my confidence.
Enough of my venting. Time for me to get some sleep. 540 will be here before I know it! Icky! Thank you for letting me vent a bit!!
Oh, sorry for your stressful week! That IS hard! I hope this week flies by and that you get fantastic news next Monday! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that would drive me crazy too! And I probably would have ended up saying something. I always do to my brother when he's muttering (or not even bothering to mutter, just straight out saying) parenting advice at me. If you compare our children, Noah is an angel, and his two kids are total brats. So I tell him I really don't think I need his input, I'm doing just fine on my own!
ReplyDeleteAnd you know, it is a lot to ask of an 18 month old kid to sit in a carseat for hours and then go straight into a high chair.
It is hard for me not to say something but I am trying to ignore any fights as my mom is the type to easily get defensive.
DeleteYes, not sure what I was thinking even agreeing to go into the restaurant! It is alot!
Ugh. My mom makes similar little judgemental comments like that too. It also drives me nuts. She will tell me what her friends' grandkids can and can't do. "She goes pee in the potty already!". That's great, Mom, I don't care!
ReplyDeleteYes, my mom does that too! And even more so now comparing my niece who is 6 months to how my little guy was at 6 months. Especially with food as my niece eats everything and my little guy did not really start eating table food until a few months ago. Each child is different!!!
DeleteI'm sorry your Mom drove you crazy {{{HUGS}}} My Mom makes comments like "oh, she's in a bossy phase" and stuff...it drives me nuts too. I think parents just forget what each stage is like. The best part of it is...we get to do it just the way we want to. It's OUR TURN to be Mom's...so F them =)
ReplyDeleteSaid with love of course *LOL*
ReplyDeleteOf course! Lol!!
DeleteUgh, sorry to hear about your Mom's snide comments. To me, your son sounds like an 18 month old boy! Of course, L throws her food too so no surprise I think that's normal. Makes me crazy but no one else better say anything to me about it! :). I also can't imagine being strapped into a highchair after being strapped In a carseat so I feel for him.
ReplyDeleteMoms and daughters always seem to have strained relationships, all you can do is try not to let her get to you (though you might feel better if you tell her where to stick her comments....). :)
We have always had a weird relationship. She did say to me that part of her wants me to have a little girl so I can understand mother-daughter stuff better! Yes, I wish I could tell her where to put her comments!!
Delete