Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Not going to happen for us this time

It looks like this cycle is a bust! AF hasn't officially arrived but she is tormenting me with her pre-AF cramps. They started yesterday and I just knew. It just suks as this is probably the end of the road for us.  We may have one last option but we have to get moved into our new house (yep, our bid was accepted!! At least one good piece of news!) and figure out if we can afford it.  IVF is too expensive and after 4 failed Iuis, they just don't make sense anymore with my DHs counts. They are too low now. I so wish $ was not such a consideration.

It is going to take a while to come to terms with things right now but I know we will be ok.  Still hoping that we can figure out how to afford our last option after we are settled into our house later this summer.  In the meantime, I will work on accepting that I can't have another sibling for my amazing DS.  I am very lucky to have him.

Thank you for you support.  I appreciate it very much.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie, this makes me so, so sad. Your attitude seems so positive, but I know it feels like a loss. I'll still be hoping that you are wrong with just knowing, but either way we are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. It sucks. And getting to the point where it might be the end of the road? Well, I'm sure that makes this even harder. It's so unfair that money has to influence some people's hopes and dreams of completing their families. Infertility is so cruel. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very sorry. I know how much you've been through to get here and it's just not fair. I, too, wish that money did not play such a large role in family building. Sending you a great big (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this. I do hope you can afford one more shot, but mostly hope you are able to find peace with however your family turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry sweetie!! I hope you're able to make many happy memories in your new home! Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry the outcome wasn't different this cycle. Sending good thoughts your way. A big congrats on the house, that is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so so so sorry mama! It really sucks that IVF is so expensive, especially when it's the best option available. One of my (rich) friends got pregnant quickly with twins after one round of IVF. I just can't justify the enormous expense when they can't even guarantee that it will work. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge hugs, Leslie. I didn't realize you were going through so much lately, the loss of your son, struggling to conceive again. I am so very sorry, especially for your latest BFN. Praying for a miracle to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry. Sending so much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry hon, I hate IF so, so much {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so very sorry! I'm hoping for a wonderful miracle! Hugs!!!
    Xoxoxo

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete