My Journey Through Life Including the Cruel World of Infertility, the Disappointments in Corporate America, the Joys of Marraige, the Wonderful World of Parenting, the Devastation of Pregnancy Loss and Secondary Infertility as well.
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Our possible next step: Embryo Adoption
It has been a little bit of a struggle since our failed cycle but I am seeing a glimmer of hope in that we have decided to research & understand embryo adoption better to see if we can afford this option. I have pretty much ruled out IVF with my own eggs in that we can not afford it and also, I can not wrap my head around spending that much money for a 15-20% chance at my age. I have my very first consult on Tuesday and hopefully will set up another consult with a different clinic very soon as well!! We shall see! I know nothing is guaranteed and we may not be able to afford any of this. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not an easy juncture to be at but keep that open mind & attitude. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI hope that your consult goes well. We are also doing donor embryos (for our hopeful second child). We were lucky enough to be chosen by another couple who had remaining embryos from their cycle through the Miracles Waiting website. It's definitely one of the most affordable donor embryo options. :D
ReplyDeleteGood luck at your consult on Tuesday, can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your consult....thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Leslie! We have also considered this option and know it can be a wonderful way to build your family! I know one affordable option if you own clinic doesn't work out is California Conceptions. Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry about the last IUI not working. :/ I'm glad you are able to see another good option!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your consultation!! Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping it goes well! I know this is a big step but I'm glad you are pursing your dream!!!!! Love and hugs!!!!! :)
ReplyDeletepursuing :)
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping your consult goes well!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! EA was an answer to prayer for us. :)
ReplyDelete