Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time flies

It is hard to believe that it has been 3 months since I have last written.  Not much in terms of TTC has happened over the last 3 months as we have been quite busy with moving & keeping up with our little guy.  It is hard to believe that he will be 3 in a little over 2 months.  Where does the time go?  Over the last three months, we bought a house, moved out of our apartment into our new house and sold our house in Michigan (finally, after a painful 13 months on the market!)  Two weeks ago we finally got our SC drivers licenses and license plates!!  It feels so good to be official residents now!  And we absolutely love it here!  Love our new house, love the weather (well, except for all the rain but it is much better than snow) and love all that there is around us! I cant wait to continue to get settled, unpacked and learn more about our area!

With that being said, we are missing our angel every single day and we very much want to continue to try to add to our family. We have decided to move forward with Embryo Adoption - with our ages & issues, we feel it is the best option for us to expand our family (hopefully!).  We are looking at 2 different possibilities right now.  We have a consult this coming Tuesday to discuss the 2nd and hopefully will be able to make a decision very very soon!!  Either option will require a SHG and blood work - and one of the options requires a psych consult before matching would occur.  So, any which way, hopefully we can get these done with my next cycle and be on our way with a possible transfer at the end of the year/beginning of next year.

Whatever we decide will be our last chance.  I am hoping & praying that the next chapter of our life after TTC will include a new addition to our family in our arms!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you. I look forward to hearing which route you choose and will be praying that this will be the perfect route to build your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are doing so well. The embryo adoption is a great opportunity and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see an update! Congratulations on your new house and selling your old one. Our old one was on the market for 15 months before selling so I totally get how stressful that is. It's fabulous that you love your new area and house, really happy for you! Wishing you the very best on your embryo donation. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am excited that you will be pursuing embryo adoption. We are going through that now and an hoping this is the answer for us too.

    ReplyDelete