I haven't had a chance this week to post about my ultrasound this past Monday. I am slacking!
It was amazing & shocking all at the same time! I was alone as my DH was not able to go with me (DS was sick & home from school) so I was very nervous but tried to remember my betas & the nausea that my body was experiencing. Even though I suspected it might be twins, it is still shocking to see in real life! I never imagined my body capable of having twins implant. My u/s was at 7w - Baby A measured 6w5d with HB of 130 and Baby B measured 7w0d with a HB of 125. My local RE was pleased and said everything looked good.
My DS was sick much of this week so my planned relaxation day on Monday was not really so. Despite a 103 degree fever, he is still very much active. It has been really hard with the nausea until I was finally able to get some Zofran later this week. Zofran has saved the day! The nausea has been worse than I have experienced in any of my pregnancies. I have not been throwing up (thankfully!) but with the nausea, I had not been able to eat or drink. Nothing tasted good and I couldnt even drink water. I lost almost 5 pounds. I emailed my clinic early in the week after trying to manage through the nausea for almost 1 1/2 weeks & they suggested B6/unisom which I took on Tuesday evening/Wednesday but all it did was give me a huge headache. I finally broke down and asked for Zofran. I feel so much better and actually ate a piece of pizza last night! Still not 100% but it is so much better! Drinking is still not easy as water just tastes blechy! I did not drink one soda with my last two pregnancies but I have been drinking some Sprite Zero this past week. The bubbles help and at least I am getting some fluids (not great, albeit....)
Today is 7w5d and there is still a long long way to go! Just hoping & praying that all goes smooth. My DH started talking about things like a new car & getting on a waiting list at my DS' school. Although important especially daycare, I couldnt even compute with how early it is. I told him I need to at least get past the first trimester. Next appt is my first OB appt on 12/30. The two times I have called their office, they always ask when my last period was and honestly, I cant remember. I always have to say it doesnt matter & go into an explanation about the transfer. It will be interesting to see their knowledge of the donor egg/sperm process too. I do know so far I really like the OBs office I have chosen. I have never been there before but it was going to be the one I was going to use in 2012 before our loss. I spoke to the OB coordinator on Thursday when calling to inquire about Zofran and she was so nice! I am not 100% sure if this appt will include an u/s. I sure hope so!! I will probably beg for one!!!
Happy Holidays to everyone!! Thinking of you & Hoping that 2014 is a great year!!

I knew it! Oh my gosh, how exciting! Congratulations Leslie!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I'm SOOO excited for you!! What wonderful news! :)
ReplyDeleteDouble congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteFrom Jencini (accidently hit delete instead of publish on the comment moderation page, I am sorry!) Sweeet! Isn't it STILL shocking even though you know it's a possibility? :D
ReplyDeleteWow!!!!! Huge congrats x two!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Congrats times two!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I am in shock :) How absolutely wonderful a gift. I hope for a safe and happy rest of the pregnancy.. !! Have a happy happy holiday and I hope you feel well enough to enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteSo very excited for you sweet lady!!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?????????? Yeah!!! So so so excited for you! Praying for happy healthy pregnancy and babiessss!!!
ReplyDeleteWow twins!! Congrats to you and your family!
ReplyDelete