I have not been very good about updating this space. Today is 16w (per my transfer date) and 15w5d per the due date they have given to me. I had a routine OB appointment today and it was boring (which I know is a GOOD thing). No ultrasound unfortunately as they were so busy catching up from having to cancel appointments last week with the storm. I almost broke down in tears in the exam room as I have not seen my babies since 9w (and I am getting close to the point where we lost my last pg.) I think the dr felt bad so he did ask but there just wasn't room in the schedule. So he agreed to me coming back in 2 weeks (where I can ask for a quick peak) and then our anatomy scan 2 weeks after. He said that it is best done around 19-20 weeks so I agreed. I was hoping to have done at 18w but I do remember my OBs in Michigan saying the same thing with my little guy. As much as I wanted to push back, I didnt.
We received news a few weeks ago that our MT21 results were all normal. Yippie!! So excited to hear that! And we also found out that we are having at least one BOY!! The MT21 only looks for the presence of y chromosomes but can not tell if both babies have them. It can only tell if at least one is a boy or if both are girls. So, the surprise continues until we have the anatomy scan (unless I can get a sneak peak in 2 weeks.)
Now is the challenge of telling our families. I am excited to tell my DH's family but not so excited to tell mine. My parents are going to FREAK and I do not anticipate a warm reception. A friend suggested getting it over with just like pulling off a band-aid. I know we need to soon but I am scared! It is a shame that I am not happy about sharing our news!
My OB did push me today to think about a plan on when to stop the Lovenox that I am on (which is 2 times a day) and switch to heparin. I think I did this at 36 weeks with my little guy but he said we might want to think about earlier with twins. I honestly had not thought that far yet. I still cant believe that I am 16 weeks.
I think once I get through the next month and have the anatomy scan, I may be able to start to let my guard down a little & plan for things. It is just so hard! I desperately need work clothes and I went to the mall today after my appointment (as I had today off with the holiday). I stood outside the maternity store and just couldnt get the courage to go in. First it was empty with no customers & 2 sales people (which I do not like) but also I was nervous to spend the money. I chickened out, went to Target but they did not have anything worth getting.
I should get going! Happy Monday!!!
I am just SO happy for you and that all continues to go well! I can completely understand your anxiety and nerviousness, but I pray you will be able to have peace and hope through the process. 16 weeks is such a good milestone! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, 16 weeks!!! I hope you've been feeling well. May the next couple of weeks fly by for you, and he's hoping that telling parents goes as well as possible.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear what both babies are! You'll get lots of ultrasounds soon. Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to finally see an update! Ugh, the anxiety of pregnancy after loss is no joke. I hope as the weeks tick by (which I am confident they will) it gets better and better. And congrats on at least one more boy! Can't wait to hear the final result!
ReplyDelete16 weeks! That's crazy! So so glad things are going great!
ReplyDeleteWow, 16 weeks! I am so happy to hear such a wonderful update from you. Good luck telling your families this fabulous news.
ReplyDeleteSorry your nerves are still going strong {{{HUGS}}} It's fab that the M21 results came back normal. Can't wait to hear about your scan coming up and of course about the full gender results =) Good luck telling your families...and F-them if they aren't anything but ecstatic!
ReplyDelete