Thursday, June 26, 2014

34w3d Growth Scan

I had another growth scan today and my boys are looking good.  Just wish I felt as good as they look. They are very big boys - baby a estimated to be 5lbs 12 oz and baby b 6lbs 11oz.  Yes, 12 1/2 lbs of baby.  No wonder I am so incredibly uncomfortable & can barely move without feeling lots of pain.  It is crazy at my DS1 was only 7lbs 4 oz at 39w6d.  My OB did say yesterday that I measured 44w along so I was expecting big but I was still surprised.

 And unfortunately both are still breech right now, which means a csection is most likely in my near future.  I knew it was highly probable but hearing they were still breech today has freaked me out a little.   Well, more than a little.  I realized I am not as prepared for it as I should be.  I want them to be healthy & arrive safe but a csxn scares me tremendously.  I have only ever had my gall bladder removed & that was laproscopic.

I stopped working last Friday and have pretty much been resting since then.  I can barely move without feeling these shooting pains in my leg.  I have been ordering supplies online and catching up on tv shows.  I still have to figure out how to decorate the babies room. I am stumped on what I want to do. Whatever we do it will be very simple.

~ 27 days or less until I get to meet my boys. Hopefully I will have an actual scheduled date after my next OB appt next Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. So exciting that you have made it so far! Mine were born right around where you are now.---by C-section. I was under general anesthesia due to low platelet count/developing preeclampsia; It wasn't big deal. You will do great and so will they!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine the discomfort you must be feeling to be measuring 44 weeks! But, how awesome that they are still baking and should be very healthy weights at delivery! I do hope they decide to turn, but if not everything will work out. Continue to take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Those boys are BIG! How exciting that they'll be here before you know it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! Hang in there! You'll meet your lil' guys before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are some big boys! My daughter was 6 lb, 9 oz and my son was 6 lb, 14 oz when they were born at 39w2d.... I can't imagine carrying both at the same time! Hang in there mama, they'll be in your arms soon! Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in the final homestretch & I am happy to hear that the boys are doing so well & growing beautifully. Hang in there & rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't checked in in a while, so congratulations -- so glad that everyone is healthy. I had a c section and recovery was much easier than I anticipated. It was really not bad at all.
    -Christa

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son went breech very late into my pregnancy. I ended up with a c-section, and although I was scared it went so well. I was walking and up and about better than some of my friends who had tears during their vaginal births. The first 24 hours are tough, but the secret is take all the pain medications you can. Get up and about as soon as possible (it was so hard, but within 24 hours I was able to do things I couldn't do the day before). Get some granny undies - they are your best friend. Put some sort of pad over the scar - makes you feel more secure and stops things rubbing against it. Also get some large waist high pants. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and it won't be as bad as you expect :) Our bodies after pregnancy are amazing healers - much better than when you have surgery. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great! My baby A is breech and that's why we have a scheduled C section next Thursday morning (37w3d). Congrats on making it so far! These last weeks will go fast!

    ReplyDelete