Friday, July 4, 2014

My boys are here!

My boys arrived unexpectedly on Wednesday 7/2/14 at 35w2d.  We welcome Ian James and Owen Paul.  Ian was 6 lbs 7 oz at delivery. (5lbs 15oz today) and Owen was 5lbs 2oz  at delivery (4lbs  14oz today).  They arrived via csection as both were breech.  Both were sent directly to the nicu.  Ian was observed overnight and stayed in our room last night.  Owen is still in the nicu.  He had fluid in his lungs and they weren't quite mature enough.  He is on cpap but doing a little better each day.  They started feelings today through a tube.  And it looks like he is jaundiced as well.  Poor little guy.  Hope he will be home by Wednesday for daddy 's birthday.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!! Hope you get to bring them home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! July 2 is the best bday ever, I should know! Hope Owen continues to grow quickly and leaves the nicu soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Can't wait to (virtually) meet them. Love the names too. Take care of yourself and those precious boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! It sounds like they are doing well. Hugs to you and praying for a speedy recovery for you all. EEk! Your fun house of boys! Wahoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Leslie! I hope that Owen's time in the NICU is short and that you are all able to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I should have read this post first, lol. I"m so behind on blogs. Congratulations!! I can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I hope Owen is home soon, and glad Ian is doing so well. I love both their names.

    Such lucky boys to have you as their mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What an amazing gift! Hope your recovery is quick and that the boys are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow congrats on your boys! What a lucky older brother to have two new little brothers too, I hope they continue great progress and come home soon! And also hope mommy has a healthy and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! How exciting for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats!! My Leah was on the si-pap too and spent a week in the NICU know how you feel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Hope that little Owen does well and can join you all soon. Looking forward to more updates!
    --Christa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I hope you are feeling well after your c-section (was it better than expected?). So glad they are here and safe and hopefully Owen can join Ian out in the real world very soon! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete