Yesterday afternoon towards the end of my work day, I started having really tight feelings again! I needed to call the drs back about my thyroid results so I decided to call & tell them about the tight feelings I was having again. The nurse called me back and said to come into the hospital again. I ended up spending ~ 5 hours in the hospital last night.
They actually had me get into one of the hospital gowns this time (I could not figure out how to get into it so I had to ask the nurse. I was pretty embarrased.) They hooked me up to the NST machine -- blood pressure was good, pulse was good and I loved hearing my little one's hb (it is always music to my ears)!! They monitored me for a while and since the contractions were a little closer together than they liked, they gave me a shot of something (can not remember the name) which helped but made me quite jittery. They also gave me an IV with fluids, which also helped. They are not sure why the contractions but most likely I was dehydrated despite my efforts to drink as much water as possible, especially since my NST a week and a half ago.
My little guy was continuously monitored throughout as well and they said he sounded very healthy from his hb/movement. They also did a FFN test (which I should get the results in the morning) and they checked my cervix, which they are called thick & closed so that is good. We got home about 11pm, I went to sleep for a little while but woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep. I finally slept again from 5 to 7ish. Although they did not put me on activity restrictions, they recommend I limit my activities anyways. I called and told my manager I am going to work from home today. I feel better this morning but thought it would be best to take it easy while trying to get some work done at home.
I am so glad everything is OK, especially with my little guy as that is most important to me! I was scared at first as it was a bit of information overload! Once my DH arrived, I felt better. I always feel better when he is there!
Well, off to get some work done I go!!!
I'm glad that everything is okay and that the little guy is doing well. Rest up and I hope that you feel better soon. Keep drinking that water!
ReplyDeleteI'm si gad everything is ok!! I wish your little one would stop scaring you like this!!
ReplyDeleteYipes! I'm so glad everything is okay! Hopefully things will calm down and you'll have a nice uneventful rest of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteHey, join me on the dehydration bandwagon, it's tons of fun! ;) Ugh, I totally can relate to the tight feelings and it's not a nice feeling at all. I'm kind of annoyed that my stay in the hospital didn't result in anyone suggest IV fluids, it seems like a pretty obvious help. I wanna go to your hospital! ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're feeling better!
Sorry about the scare but I'm so glad you're feeling better and especially that your LO is doing so well!! Put those feet up and drink some water.... :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary experience, but glad to hear your doing well. Make sure to rest up, glad you decided to work from home. xoxox
ReplyDeleteSorry, that must have been scary! Happy everything is fine with your LO =) Drink up and spend some time relaxing, hopefully you'll feel much better soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief that you are Ok, I think it definitely makes sense to rest as much as possible given these last two incidents! Thanks for your comment :)
ReplyDeleteOh no sweetie!! Well if it's any consolation I also ened up in hospital last night!! Me and you seem to go through our symptoms together!! Hope you are feeling better and that the shot and the IV helped in making you feel better! Hang in there sweetie, October is just around the corner!! BIG HUGS!!!
ReplyDelete