Monday, August 9, 2010

Waking up in the middle of the night....

It seems to be a common thing lately where I wake up about 3am and can not go back to bed. Although reading on the internet is probably not the best thing to try to help me go back to sleep, it is what I seem to do! Since I can not sleep, I thought I could ramble on a little bit.....

This weekend was a lazy weekend for me. I am still getting quite a few Braxton Hicks daily despite my efforts to drink as much water as I can -- so much so I feel like I am going to float away. Even though my dr did not put me on any restrictions, I am being very careful. Our couches in our family room are not even comfortable for me any more so my DH set up a small TV in our bedroom for me to be able to lie down on our bed. In our almost 8 years of marraige, we have never had a TV in our bedroom. I caught up on my DVDs of How I Met Your Mother! Not sure what I will watch when I am completely caught up - I am thinking of getting Sex in the City DVDs next!

My DH had a very productive weekend - he put together the stroller/car seat & pack n play on Saturday. He cleaned the house as my mom is supposed to visit this weekend. He did laundry, cut the grass and even worked on Sunday afternoon. And he made me a nice dinner last night too. I feel so bad that I am not able to help much. I did take him out for ice cream this weekend to say thank you!!

We went to Menards (store like Lowe's here in Michigan) yesterday and bought some paint to work on the nursery. I was happy to have a chance to get out of the house for a little while -- but even at the store I felt my uterus tighten & was dizzy. I ended up going to sit in the car while I waited for my DH. I came home, drank some water and laid down -- and felt a little better.

My mom is supposed to come visit this weekend to go shopping but I am debating about having her cancel her trip = (. I really am not sure how much walking around/shopping I am up to! She did say she would help around the house if she came and I khow my DH would keep her busy too, but I still feel bad if I am not up to doing much especially since she was coming up to help me shop/register. I was hoping a weekend of laziness would help me to feel better but I am not sure it has as the BH are still there! I still have a few days to decide so hopefully I will feel a little better the next couple of days.... I am trying to stay positive!!

I think I am going to try to go back to sleep -- the alarm will be going off in just a few hours!

11 comments:

  1. oh sweetie sorry to hear the BH are still causing you concern. I know what you mean about not wanting to overdo it and I agree on the shopping. I went last Friday and was so tired after only an hour of walking. Maybe you and your mom can have some relaxing time instead and she can do what moms do best.. look after and shower their children with love!! Maybe some TLC from your mom is just what you need. Maybe you can do shopping online instead..just an idea.
    Your DH sounds so considerate and such a good man for doing everything even the laundry!! We are luck ladies!!! Hope you are able to get some BH-free days soon my friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Ihope things can get better. All I can say is: hydrate, hyrdate, hydrate!! You'll still get BH but they'll be less painful and, hopefully, less exhausting. I do get tired very easily myself these days and it's frustrating. I'm used to running around doing things and now, with all this nice summer weather, all I want to do is sit around. *sigh* Not too much longer to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the constant BH! Thats not fun at all. The good news is that a lot of stores have a wheelchair so you could always go with your mom and enjoy being pushed around the store! I hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck about the BH! I'm sorry they are still going on, but I'm glad that you are taking it easy and catching up on some good TV. And it sounds like DH is doing an excellent job taking care of you. I agree with Iris: what about using a wheelchair? I know it's not ideal, but at least it will let you rest while your mom helps you out with registering. Plus, it may be nice to have an extra hand around the house right now.

    Thinking of you and hoping things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely feel for you on the waking up at 3 am and then not going back to sleep for hours! I think I went through that phase for about 2 weeks right around the same time frame that you're in right now. It'll (hopefully) get better as far as the staying up. You'll still get up a bunch but it'll be for mad dashes to the bathroom and then you'll come back and crash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the sleep problems...seems to be par for the course unfortunatly. IMO you should have your mom still come. You could use the support, your DH could use the help and I'm sure your Mom wouldn't mind relaxing more. Maybe you could do some of the registering on line? I know BRU lets you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about the BH! :( I hope that your mom's visit doesn't cause you stress!

    Ah, Menards. Did you Save Big Money? :) I honestly think they invented Menards so that wives could say to their husbands "Honey, we're out of milk" and he'd say "OK, I'll go get some" and come back 3 hours later with the milk and about five new projects to work on. It's crazy how much random other stuff there is at a Menards besides home repair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you're not feeling too good! I'm with you on the sleep thing....

    Hope your mom can still come out, I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting with her at least! Sounds like DH is taking good care of you, tell him thanks from your bloggy friends too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sex and the City are great DVDS ... or Gilmore Girls?

    Rest up Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh honey I'm so sorry that the BH's are giving you so much trouble. It is so sweet of DH to do that for you with the TV, at least that gives you a comfy place to rest. I watch waaaay too many TV shows so I would definitely second Gilmore Girls, I also love Scrubs but it probably has too much medical stuff in it!! I hope you do get the chance to enjoy your mum's visit. Hang in there :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. BH's suck.... hopefully they'll lighten up soon. In the meantime, get lots of rest and enjoy your tv shows! Not sure if you've watched Nurse Jackie, Dexter or True Blood but they're all amazing!

    ReplyDelete