I had my very first massage today and I hated it!! I was so bummed as I was hoping to like it and I was hoping it would help my lower back pain. I found it uncomfortable (even though she had me in the proper position on my side with lots of pillows and even rotated me half way through) and I found myself not being able to relax. On top of this, her daughter is married to the son of the Senior Vice President in my office. Too weird for me!! And unfortunately, my back hurts more today than it has in the past few days! I am now trying to think of alternatives to help my back -- I bought a maternity support belt that I am going to finally try -- and I am going to look for the rice heating packs to try as well!! I have already taken 3 regular strength tylenol today (two this morning and one this afternoon). I think I may need to take another soon.... I am trying so hard not to take them but I think it is better to take and not be in too much pain.
On more positives notes, my FFN test from Friday came back negative again. YEAH! The And I will be 31 weeks tomorrow!! Double YEAH!!!!
I'm sorry you're hurting so much. Back pain can be so debilitating. :( and, sorry the massage didn't help.
ReplyDeleteYay for the negative test and yay for 31 weeks!!
Oh, I'm sorry about the massage! It's really one of the greatest pleasures in life - if you get someone who is good at it. My last massage, the woman dug into my neck so much that I practically screamed at her and I ached for a week. I've never had one while pregnant, so maybe they're not that great then unless the masseuse is very experienced in pregnancy massage. I'm so sorry that you're in such pain - hopefully a good night's sleep will help.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for FFN negative and 31 weeks!
oh no!!!I am so sorry it went so bad.. it was supposed to provide you with relief not more pain!! I also suffer from a bad back but mine is not in my lower back but the left side of my ribs (no idea why just the left side!). I find that sitting on my gym ball and every night helps also doing pelvic tilts helps release some of the preassure on my back. Here is a link: http://www.expectantmothersguide.com/library/boston/backpain.htm
ReplyDeleteSilly question but have you asked your doctor what you can do to help with your back? Good luck sweetie... not too long to go now!
Sorry the massage didn't work out! I had a horrible back when I was pregnant. The only thing that kept the pain at a managable level was going to the chiropractor 3 times a week. He was out of town the week before I went into labor and my back got SO BAD I couldn't even stand up without help, and tears were streaming down my face.
ReplyDeleteIt still hurt with the chiro, but I realized that week that it could have been a lot worse.
Hi Leslie, Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I did send you an email through your profile. Not sure if you got it.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to know that things are progressing well for you. Well for the most part. Sorry the massage didn't work out. I have been thinking about pregnancy massage myself but never got around to getting one. Now I am thinking, I don't need one. :) Hope the pain goes away soon.
Only 9 more weeks to go. Yay!
Mona.
Yay for 31 weeks!!! That stinks about your back pain and even more so that the massage didn't help. I hope you get some relief soon!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks that the massage didn't help, I'm sorry! Yippy for 31 weeks though =)
ReplyDelete