It has been a little bit since I have been able to blog. My parents were here last week (and my mom drove me NUTS -- this is another post in and of itself), my in-laws are here in this week and my DH went back to work this week after 2 weeks at home. We miss having him at home!! I started yesterday to send him a picture of the day through text. It is fun! It is like making him lunch and leaving a little note in his lunch bag (hehe!).
Our little guy is 2 weeks old today (wow!!) and it is our 8 year wedding anniversary as well (we have known each other for a little over 11 years.) I am so thankful to have both my DH and my little guy in my life! I can not imagine what life would be like without them! I am one lucky person!! = )
My in-laws are out taking my dog for a walk so I am trying to get a few things done before I lay down for a nap as my little guy is also sleeping. I am trying not to worry too much about house chores and sleep while he sleeps... it is easier said than done though as there is a lot to do. But if I do not, I am a mess at night and I think it stresses us all out. I am trying hard to make sure I keep a close eye on my sleep (I have always needed a lot of sleep). Next week, when we have no help, it will certainly be a bigger challenge.
I have been meaning to write more about some of the challenges I have faced in the last two weeks (recovery, emotions, learning to live with less sleep, b/f difficulties, supplementing etc etc) but I will have to fit this in at another time.
AHHH! So cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy anniversary - what a perfect gift.
Love the pictures!!! The first one is hilarious. Hope things start to get a little easier and Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a cutie!! Happy 2 weeks to him and 8 years to you and your DH!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute! I promise it will all start getting easier in the coming weeks too! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little boy you have! As others have told you, you'll get used to getting less sleep as time goes on and then he'll start sleeping more and you'll feel as though you've been given a gift. (Or at least that's how it worked for us.) The breastfeeding difficulties & supplementing are another hurdle in and of itself. BTDT. Feel free to email me if you'd like to discuss. It can be a trying time but each day is SO worth it. You're doing great girl! And what a husband to send you such beautiful flowers!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow he is soo adorable! Sorry you had so many problems with your mom, look forward to you posting about that when you get the time. I understand the missing DH, hope you get some quality time together when he IS home!!
ReplyDeleteTake care :)xxxooo
So good to hear from you! Good job on sleeping when the baby sleeps, I know it's hard but it makes everything better. Happy you've had some help. Hope the challenges are getting worked out, I think parenthood is a constant set of challenges =)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!!
He's beautiful!!! I hope you have a very happy anniversary! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have had a chance to say congratulations! Your little guy is so beautiful and I am so so happy for you!!!! I have had a crazy few weeks as well with family, emotions and little sleep. I look forward to comparing notes.
ReplyDeleteLeslie he is such a cutie pie!! I know what you mean about not blogging as much.. I am the same! Whenever I sit down Isabella always wakes up and then there is no time for blogging! I am sure once we get into more of a routine we will go back to blogging more! I felt so nervous after my parents left and then D went back to work but trust me, you will be perfect!
ReplyDelete