Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cycle Update

It looks like our IUI is tentatively set for Monday the 20th! I had an ultrasound this morning and I think I still have a good amount of eggies.  I usually do not ask how many! I will worry myself too much if I know too many details.  It prevents me from googling too much! I go back for another u/s tomorrow (and will ask how many), and will take ganiralex most likely tomorrow & saturday morning, and then trigger on Saturday night.  My RE is a single practitioner and does not do procedures on Sundays (I think when I was TTC#1, after many BFNs and our two early losses, there was one time he might have done one on Sunday had I needed it but it turned out I did not).  That is the only bad thing about having a doctor who is a single practitioner as there is not someone else to do procedures on Sundays.  And I know truly it is probably hard working 6 days a week already so I try not to stress about it.  But with spending all this money on medication & everything (since my insurance coverage is minimal), it is hard at the same time!  So, we shall see what happens!  I am crossing my fingers that we are successful this cycle!  I have to admit though I do not remember having so many appointments when we doing IUIs last time.  Today was my third appointment so in total, this cycle I will have 5 appointments.  I am sure it is normal but I just do not remember it being that many.  I guess in the past some have fallen on a Saturday so I probably did not pay attention as it did not interfere with work. 

My dr is over an hour away from my house and then a half hour to work so I am struggling with how to manage it with work.  I am able to get into work about 9/9:30 and try to work through my lunches & stay as late as possible, but with having Aaron now, I want to get home to spend a little time with him as our time at night during the week is limited as it is.  I told a co-worker at work about what we are going through and she has been great!  She has one son (she struggled with infertility / miscarriage but was able to have her son naturally.  They decided not to pursue treatments.)  It is very helpful to have a friend at work who understands even though she has not experienced the treatment part.  But she knows the pain / stress of the time it can take to get pregnant! 

I have decided to kind of tell my manager.  I have been trying to keep it on the low down as he is very flexible with hours but I do not think I have much of a choice especially if this cycle does not work.  I am going to keep my conversation generic.  I feel weird as I told him today I needed to talk to him but we never had a chance to.  I think he thinks I have a life or death condition.  I did not mean to lead him down the wrong path.  I was just trying to get a few minutes to explain.  He will not be in the office tomorrow either so I will just let my co-worker know my schedule for Monday and tell him when I get into the office after the IUI.  In the end as long as I get my work done, hopefully everything will be OK! 

I should get going to clean up the house a little before my DH & little boy get home.  My in-laws are coming over for the weekend.  I have not seen my boys since Tuesday morning as I was at a conference the last two nights!  I am very excited to see them!


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't ask how many eggs you have!!! I literally copy down all the information of my monitoring sheet so I can have every detail. lol.

    I hope everything works out so your IUI is on Monday!

    My RE's nurses do the IUIs. My RE doesn't do any of the ultrasounds or IUI procedures, he does the appointments, HSGs, IVF retrievals and transfers, and reviews all the cycles after they're complete. He has a lot of fertility nurses who handle everything else. I could only imagine how insane it would be if it was a one man show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to hearing about today's u/s. I'm like Lauren so I'm impressed with your patience =) Happy you have a friend at work to lean on and telling your boss something generic sounds like the best plan. If you're getting all your work done then I'm sure he'll be a-ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of good vibes for your u/s today and your IUI on Monday!!!

    My boss knew something generic and I think had figured out that there was something "lady related" wrong with me, but that was about it. My schedule is really flexible (well, except that it isn't, but the times that I'm not in class are), so I was able to deal with minimal interruption. No one knew what was really going on and I think it would have really helped to have someone to talk to about it!!

    ReplyDelete