Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Now we wait!

Yes, the dreaded 2WW.  Yesterday was my IUI.  At my ultrasound last Friday, I had 4 eggies in the running with 2 others that were not too far behind (and lots of other little ones).  14 days until my beta if we make it that far - I think previously if it did not work, I would start spotting about 11 or 12dpiui.  I just have to figure out how to keep myself busy & not think about it ALL THE TIME!  I start progesterone this weekend so I know that will play games with my mind too.  I wish it were possible to know immediately but I know it is not!  I have to be patient & just relax.  If it does not work, we will try again.

I have been thinking about how long we will try before we would come to the conclusion a second child is not in the cards for us.  With my 40th birthday later this year, this has been weighing heavily on my mind.  I do not like thinking about it as I feel like I am giving up already when I think about it but at the same time, I realize we can not do this forever.  We have our beautiful son and I can not let TTC #2 take away from taking in every moment of him growing up.   My thoughts are we at least TTC through the end of this year and then talk about how much further we want to go.  Here's to hoping we are lucky this year - here to REALLY hoping that we are lucky in two weeks!


4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending lots and lots of luck for this 2ww!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, good luck! I am crossing my fingers that it works this cycle!

    Good luck keeping your mind off the 2WW. Seriously, it is the worst, isn't it?! I have no advice, as I have never been able to distract myself successfully during the 2WW, and this last one was no different. It really is not fair that you can't even know if an egg was fertilized! At least if you knew that you would know whether there was even a CHANCE of pregnancy, and whether you should keep thinking about it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yes, the TWW. It always helps me to make some plans with friends during the wait. Then I have that to look forward to and it is a little bit of a distraction.

    I know it's very hard to do but try to take one cycle at a time. When it's time to stop TCC you'll know it and it's almost impossible to figure out ahead of time. You could set some arbitrary date but it'll be about how you're heart feels then...and there's just no way to tell that now. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am looking for new bloggie friends who are starting to TTC #2, and I'll be following your story :)

    Hopefully this 2WW goes quickly and results in a BFP!! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete