What's new this weekend?
• we booked our vacation to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are going to a resort in Florida and then to Disney for 2 nights. I am very excited. We are taking our little guy with us as we do not trust either of our parents with him for that long. The resort we are going to has a baby club so there is "daycare" if we want to do something ourselves for an afternoon and they have babysitting at night. I read a lot of great reviews before deciding to go foward. It will all depend on his separation anxiety whether we will be able to actually use this service but at least it is available. And I will want to meet the caretakers before leaving him with anyone. He is a little young for Disney but we LOVE Disney so we thought he might enjoy animal kingdom as he really likes animals. There will be a pool at our hotel too.
• almost one week down and another to go before we will know if this cycle worked. I am keeping my fingers crossed but am not hopeful. I am not feeling much of anything. Although I know it is still early, I recall feeling I will call it a little different when it has worked. I know all cycles are different so I am trying not to lose all hope just yet. I almost bought hpts yesterday but refrained. I know I will poas but am not sure when. I always have the best intentions of not poas but I know myself better than that. Like a broken record to myself, I keep saying if this does not work, we will try again.
• my dh has been asked to interview with a company in the south. I have been wanting to move for quite a while and hopefully all goes well here. If things are to work out, it will be a busy time. Not getting too excited just yet but it is fun to dream!
• our little guy turned 16 months a week ago. I think he finally reached 23 pounds. Not sure how tall he is. His eating is still not great but he is trying a few more table foods. He really likes mashed potatoes! He still mostly eats purees from the pouches but we are working on this. I think he is just going to be a picky eater like I was. He is doing well with almost everything else (except napping) so I try not to worry too much. I am looking into supplementing his diet with vitamins.
We are almost home from our errands. Happy Sunday! Have a great week.
WOO-HOO for your vacation, it sounds perfect =) I'm sure no matter what you do it'll be so nice to get away with your DH and Aaron. Keeping everything crossed for you that this cycle works. I'm a total POAS addict and I start 10DPO. Look forward to hearing about it. Good luck to your DH on the new job, that would be awesome. Sounds like your little man is doing great. They pick up foods in their own time. Our doc told us at Kylie's 18 month appointment that we could give her 1/2 of a kids gummy multivitamin...she won't drink milk so we're trying to get vitamin D into her.
ReplyDeleteBlogger is going crazy, this is the 3rd attempt at a response...
ReplyDeleteWOO-HOO for your vacation, it sounds perfect =) No matter what you do it'll be great to get out of town. Sounds like Aaron is doing great. He'll pick up new foods when he's ready. Our ped said we could give our little girl 1/2 a kids gummy multivitamin. She won't drink milk so we were concerned about vitamin D. I've got everything crossed for you this cycle. I always start POAS around 10DPO. Can't wait to hear about it =)
Thank you Caryn! I did not think about a gummy multi-vitamin. Our little guy does not drink very much milk. Are they easy to chew?
DeleteThe trip sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteI hope this next week goes quickly for you!
Thank you! Hope you are feeling well.
DeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! Disney World is one of my most favorite places in the world! Btw, I am 39 as well. :) I hope this cycle is the one for you!
ReplyDeleteHello! I am glad I found your blog! I will be following along with your IVF journey! Fingers crossed!!
DeleteHope the next week goes quickly!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great vacation!! Sounds awesome!
Thank you Rebecca!! How are you doing? I love reading your updates!!
DeleteYAY for vacation!!! I hope you enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteAnd, happy 16 months to your little man! I love that he is eating mashed potatoes... I bet it's adorable to watch him smash them into his mouth :)
Thank you! It is fun to watch him eat as he is learning to use utensils at the same time!!
DeleteI am keeping my fingers crossed AF shows for you soon so you can get started ttc again!!
Nice holiday booked! Let's hope it's a Babymoon for your 2nd arrival.
ReplyDeleteThank u for stopping by my blog, hope u got the invite ok to join. Looking forward to joining you in our fight for a sibling for our boys! Now where is your follow button??
Thank you for your post!! I did get your invite - thank you. I look forward to following your blog!! I am not sure if I have a follow button? Hmmmm....
Delete