Yes, I should be in bed! It is late but I wanted to write a little before going to bed. Took my first pill a little over an hour ago! We are on our way again! Unfortunately, I do not know if AF will show in 5 days or 15 days. My body is so unpredictable! Gotta love irregular cycles. NOT! I was thinking back today to the days before TTC where I loved long, irregular cycles. If I only knew then what I know today.
The plan is to do our LAST IUI/injectables. We are going to mimic my successful cycles as much as possible with doing solely Gonal-F, and starting stims on CD5 instead of CD3. Both my successful cycles I started meds on CD5 and we used follistim. My RE here in SC only uses Gonal-F but I think they are pretty much the same so I am OK with this. I am not sure what dose my RE has planned for me yet. I know we bopped between 150IU and 125IU of Follistim so I imagine it will be the same. Thankfully no Femara or Bravelle. Hopefully I will only be on meds for 10-11 days instead of the crazy 14-16 days with my last 2 cycles.
I am excited and nervous. I am hopeful and scared. I am praying with all my might that this works. Please oh please!! I must not and will not think about the difficult decision making that will need to happen if this does not work. I must not add that stress to my life at the moment!! I must remind myself to stay in the current moment & cycle!!
My current RE has been driving me a little crazy. I am leaning towards consulting with the other clinic in town, especially if this cycle does not work. I am thinking about calling tomorrow actually to set up a consult appointment. I have 4 friends here that I have met through RESOLVE and they all go to this other clinic. Although no REs office is perfect, they have very positive things to say. There have been a lot of little things ranging from the mean Dr during my first cycle to never hearing one word from my RE on my DH's recent SA (yes, can you believe that????) to today, where they wanted to charge me an office visit for stopping in to get a quick blood draw to test my thyroid. I said no thank you - please write me up a lab order for the local lab where I do not have to pay this. Yes, it took another hour to get the blood drawn but saved me my co-pay. This is the dr that also charged us two office co-pays for one consultation when both my DH & I were there. I stupidly paid it but afterwards, realized how ridiculous that was. I should have complained. I am glad I did make a fuss today though. The not getting back to us on the SA is HUGE but in the end, I decided to do this last IUI with him because he does know my history and we decided to do one more IUI despite the SA leading us to IVF. If my DS was not from our 4th & last IUI when TTC #1, I would not be doing this but I am hopeful that #4 will be lucky for us again. (PLEASE OH PLEASE!)
Enough venting from me for today!! Off to bed I go!! Dreaming that AF will show sooner than later so we can get this show on the road!!
Sending you the best of luck!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I am wishing you the very best on this cycle. If there is another clinic in your area, then you should absolutely check it out. If not for anything else, do it for a little piece of mind.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get AF soon
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with this cycle! It's hard sometimes not to get ahead of yourself and plan for next steps if it comes to that. My RE told me I'm not allowed to "hope" that this cycle will work. Instead he gave me the mantra "I intend to become a new parent." Want to chant it with me? :)
ReplyDeleteHope this last IUI is the magic one =) Sorry your RE is annoying you...it seems like all kinds of doctors are adding weird fees. Lame!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you, Leslie!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck - I am thinking of you! I can't wait to follow you through this IUI - which will be successful!!
ReplyDelete