My Journey Through Life Including the Cruel World of Infertility, the Disappointments in Corporate America, the Joys of Marraige, the Wonderful World of Parenting, the Devastation of Pregnancy Loss and Secondary Infertility as well.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Short Update
With the time change, I am exhausted! I shouldn't be but between not sleeping well last night (thankful to my snoring husband) & my little guy being up early, it has been a longggg day! We had a fun day with going to the children's museum but I am pretty tired. I realized it has been three weeks since I have last written.
Work is still crazy but that is a good thing! It has helped to keep me distracted from thinking about our cycle too much! I have a lining check on Tuesday and I am praying all is good! I am very very nervous as I have never been on estrogen patches before. I am afraid for some reason that they are not working! I have been on them for almost 2 weeks and today when I peeled them off to change them, my skin was all red & itchy! Weird! I wonder why after two weeks this has happened??? If it happens again on Tuesday, I will ask my nurse at my lining check if this is normal or not! Fingers crossed all is good on the lining front and we will be given a transfer date!! Then I can make my plane, hotel & car reservations!
I am very nervous about the possibility of having to do PIO on my own. Not sure I can do it!! I may need to see if the clinic can help me. My DH will not be going with me as he will stay here to watch our little guy. Have you ever given PIO to yourself? I do have some crinone. Do you think it would be ok to ask to use this for a few days while I am out there or is it bad to rotate between the two different kinds of progesterone? I am not afraid of the PIO shot being given by someone else. Just afraid of giving it to myself.
On a non TTC note, My 11th anniversary was yesterday! Hard to believe we have been married for 11 years! We went out for sushi to one of our favorite restaurants (called TakoSushi.) They have Japanese & Mexican food so my little guy has quesadillas! It is a perfect mix. Hopefully though it is my last round of sushi for a long long time (unless we squeeze it in one more time before our transfer.) It was an uneventful anniversary! We took my little guy to the park & zoo in the morning, took a nap and then went to dinner!! It was perfect! I much prefer low-key celebrations!
All in all, life is pretty good! Always missing my angel! But blessed for having my DH, my little guy here and my angel in my heart!
The week my transfer will be if all is good on Tuesday will be when my due date was supposed to be last year. It will be a tough week as I should be celebrating a 1st birthday but hopefully Ethan will be watching over us!!
Time for bed!! Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to see an update and happy anniversary!!! A restaurant with Japanese and Mexican food...brilliant =) Sounds like you had a great day together.
ReplyDeleteSending good lining thoughts your way. I'm sure it'll be a relief to have a transfer day set and travel arrangements made. The estrogen patches worked well for me but I did have to move them around a lot so that my skin didn't get irritated. You could probably use some topical benedryl cream to help with any red, itchy spots. I've never done PIO so I'm not much help there. My guess is that if they want you on it they want you on it from the start. Maybe having the clinic there show you how to give yourself the shot would be helpful...or even have them give all the shots until you go home.