I had my appt this morning and unfortunately I did not get to see my little one. I have to wait another 4 weeks for the BIG u/s but I did get to hear the beautiful heartbeat again! I did ask about getting the u/s sooner but she suggested I wait so if we want to find out the gender (still not decided about this), it will be more evident at 20 weeks versus 18 weeks. The OB I met with today is super! She found the heartbeat immediately so I was happy! I really really like her. I worked with her 3 years ago when we first started TTC and it was so nice to see her being pregnant! She was very excited for us. It will make our decision whether to use a midwife or OB even more difficult. But, we have time. I will meet with the other 2 OBs and then make a decision.
The appt was short. We talked mostly about the quad screening, which we have to make a decision about within the next week. I just do not know what to do -- I want to know my odds but am afraid if the odds are not favorable, it will make me worried the whole rest of our pregnancy. If we wanted after the quad screen, we could get the amnio & genetic counseling. But having an amnio scares me. I am leaning towards getting the quad screen but will be thinking about it a lot the next week. Any advice?
I was surprised that I have not gained any weight so far. I have felt like I have been eating a lot more the last couple of weeks. I am sure I will start soon. I am looking forward to going shopping with my mom tomorrow -- I can not wait to have a comfortable pair of pants that I can wear without the be-band. The be-band has been great but I am ready to be a little more comfortable.
I know there is still a long way to go but I felt a little more relieved today! And it was so nice to see the OB so excited for us. I can not wait for 4 weeks now. Hoping & Praying everything continues smooth!!!
Unfortunately, the weather has been terrible so our plans were kind of thwarted today! We are just home relaxing and my mom is making one of her coffee cakes for us. YUMMY!!!!
Leslie, thats great news! I'm glad that your mind has been put at ease for now :) Enjoy the coffee cake!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good appointment! =)
ReplyDelete16 weeks! How exciting! Hope you have a great time shopping! I'm just about ready to try the be-band. My pants have been too tight lately!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 16wks!!! Glad to hear you liked that OB so much, I too am trying to find the right OB for me. Not sure what to tell you about the quad screening, after everything we went through to get pregnant we decided against those tests as it wouldn't change the outcome for us. Have fun shopping...you'll LOVE maternity pants, they are so comfortable, much better than the band!
ReplyDeleteThats such great news!! Yay for a great appointment and i hope the next few weeks fly by!!
ReplyDeleteYay for 16 weeks and a great appointment!! : ) Enjoy that coffee cake and shopping with Mom!
ReplyDeleteYay for a great appt! What will make you decide on finding out the gender - will it b a spur-of-the-moment thing at the big u/s? Have fun with mom!
ReplyDeleteGlad the appointment went well and I hope the time flies until you get to see your little one again!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a great appointment! I can't believe you are 16 weeks already. That's just crazy. :) Hope you enjoyed your weekend with your mom.
ReplyDeleteHappy the appt went well! It's so hard not to get a peek at them whenever you want. I haven't seen my little girl in 16 weeks and won't until delivery day...
ReplyDeleteOn the screening...it's so hard because there's no "right" answer. We decided to have the 1st and 2nd trimester sequential screenings but not the quad screen. The way we understood it is that the acuracy of those two put together is much better than the quad screen. The amnio was also a scary thought for us and we were on the fence if we'd do it or not. We decided to cross that bridge if we came to it and we never did. GL in deciding!
Glad to hear that everything's going so well! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that everything is going so well Lesley! Don't worry about the weight gain. I hardly gained anything before the 20 week mark either - and I was totally expecting to put on 10lbs.
ReplyDeleteThe weight will come - trust me :)
Yay! Sounds like things are going fabulously. My advice on the quad screen: What will you do with the information you learn? Answering that question can help you determine which way to go.
ReplyDelete