Saturday, May 29, 2010

19w3d Update

It has been a little while since I have updated. I am home from my travels this past week (YEAH!!!). Traveling was not too bad although I took two naps today. It did not hit me how tired I really was until today. The hardest part was lugging around my heavy laptop in my backpack and the pain it caused in my back. I ended up buying a roller thingie to hook my back pack to help alleviate the back pain. It did help but a roller back pack would be much better & easier. I might look at something like this for our vacation in two weeks. I am very excited for our trip in 2 weeks! = ) And in less than one week our big u/s!

My MIL offered to throw us a shower this summer or to use the $ towards some other items that we choose. After a lot of thought, my DH & I decided not to have a shower. We also are trying to have his parents save their $ and not spend it on us. They are both retired and living on fixed income. They also have 2 elderly parents they both spend a lot of time taking care. I think his mom was disappointed though. Our friends do not live close to where my DH is from and the shower would have been mostly his extended family, many whom we do not know well and maybe see once every two years when we are there for the holidays. We would have felt really bad accepting gifts from people I barely know. I hope we did not offend my MIL but I think in the end it is the best thing for us. Neither of us enjoy being the center of attention as well. We have instead invited his parents out to visit us for a weekend this summer sometime so we can at least spend some quality time together. His mom has been hinting at visiting so we thought this was a way to say thank you for offering to throw us the shower.

Quiz Time!! I thought it would be fun to start documenting things a little more. I hope it is OK to copy the questions I have seen on some other blogs! Thank you for the idea!!!

How far along?: 19w3d.

Weight?: As of the last time I was weighed at the drs office at 17w5d, I had not gained any weight but I think I have gained about 2 - 3 pounds since then per my scale at home. However, per my scale at home, I think I have gained 5 - 6 pounds in total.

Maternity clothes?: Completely in maternity pants but have not worn any maternity shirts yet. I bought some for our vacation and I can not wait to wear them!

Stretch marks?: Yes, unfortunately. Not too bad yet but I know despite my efforts with lotion, they will be there! I am not complaining though -- anything for a healthy pregnancy.

Sleep?: On & Off. I wake up at least once during the night to go to the bathroom and I am still napping on the weekends. I bought the snoogle which is helping me to sleep more on my side but I still find myself waking up on my back. I know it is not ideal but the midwife told me not to worry. She said it is more important to get sleep & my body will let me know if it does not like sleeping on my back. I am trying not to worry.

Best moment this week?: Getting to meet Caryn (Someday Soon @ the The Latest Adventures.....) I was in her area for work and we met for dinner! I was able to meet her husband too! I had so much fun!! I wish we all lived closer so that we could have regular dinners together! And she looked fabulous just a few days before her c-section today. I hope everything went well today and I can not wait to see pictures!

Movement?: I am not 100% sure - maybe? I was sitting in the airport yesterday and felt something before boarding my second flight but am not 100% sure if it was movement. And I thought maybe I felt the same feelings this afternoon in the car. But I am not sure.

Food cravings?: Sweets! I can not wait to go for my favorite ice cream sometime this long holiday weekend.

What I miss?: Sushi & Diet Coke! Although having wonderful crab cakes in Seattle this week helped with missing sushi. I know I could probably have caffeine free diet coke but I have chosen not to. If I have one I am afraid I will want one or more every day.

What I'm looking forward to?: Definitely knowing that I felt movement and showing more. And I also can not wait for our big u/s this coming Friday -- 5 1/2 days away!! I *think* we are going to find out the gender = )

How's Daddy? He is very excited!! He likes to pat my belly and talk to our little bean. He has been really positive and helps me get through my nervousness.

Emotions: Pretty good. I had the one breakdown a few weeks ago where I just started crying out of the blue and could not stop. Since then, my emotions have been pretty stable. I do wish I could enjoy a little more and not be so paranoid all the time. I just can not help but worry!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. I bet what you're feeling is movement! I was unsure at first too when I first started feeling little, strange feelings here and there @ 21 weeks, but it was definitely the start of movement. I think anyone who has suffered IF, and especially if you've suffered a loss(es), you really, really want that confirmation that everything is OK in there. I was totally impatient to know it was movement and now it's the best daily assurance in the world. I'm sure you're little bean will get more and more active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i missed sushi like crazy when pregnant! Not that I eat it often... but just being told that you can't have something you love makes you want it more!

    I'm glad things are going so well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything is still going well! I can't wait to hear how the u/s goes on Friday either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the update & can't wait for your big ultrasound...it is so incredible, you'll love it!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see the update!! Sounds like things are moving along. I cant wait for your big u/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see an update from you! I love the questions...how exciting that you think movement started. Can't wait for your u/s and to hear about your wonderful babymoon coming up =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first felt my baby move I didn't know it was her but you just wait in a matter of days/weeks you will know for sure that those early movements were indeed baby movements! The big ultrasound rocks especially as you get to see your baby again and find out what you are having!! Not too long to wait now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for your u/s!! :) So glad that everything's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great update Leslie - can't wait to find out about your u/s! I'm really happy for you that everything is going so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see your update!! I can't believe you're almost half baked!!! Can't wait for your big u/s! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Leslie! Sooo happy to see that all is well! I got your email message and thought I'd pop in with a quick line to tell you HI! I am about 2 1/2 weeks from EDD of our little boy. Eagerly awaiting his arrival and praying he gets here safely! Love the updates and can't wait until your big ultrasound! going to find out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your vacation!!

    We stayed at the Wyndam Rio Mar in Rio Grande. Just be warned, it's very, very humid and hot!!

    ReplyDelete