Friday, June 4, 2010

20 week u/s update and we are joining team....

BLUE!! We are expecting a little boy ! = )

I got back from my 20 week appt a little bit ago. I am taking the day off but my DH had to go to work = ( . I am hoping to go shopping in a little bit as I want to get my DH something little to celebrate today. My appt went well. The ultrasound was really cool and it was so awesome seeing my little one again! I could live in the ultrasound room just watching our baby move all day.

The pictures they gave us are not great as our little one kept moving, wiggling and scrunching himself up. I will work on getting a couple posted soon. We are glad though he finally decided to reveal himself as it was a ways into the ultrasound before he would. Now, we need to decide a name as we have not talked much about names yet. My DH has been calling him "Baby Dude" for a while now even though we did not have confirmation of the gender. So, he will always be known as Baby Dude = ) I will always call him our little bean!

The u/s techs and midwife said initial measurements look good - the final report will be back on Monday or Tuesday. I have asked them to give me a call just to confirm results. They confirmed I have an anterior placenta so although I have felt some movements this week, it has been light. I think the anterior placenta is why.

I got back my quad screen results and have decided not to go for further testing so I was happy about that. My TSH is borderline as I have hypothyroidism. They are not going to increase my synthroid just yet but will test again in a month or so to keep an eye on it. They said as long as I am feeling good, no need to change my dosage. I am to call if this changes of course.

So far, so good!! I just hope things continue to go smoothly. Next appt is in 3 1/2 weeks. I wish there was not so much time in between but hopefully I will continue to feel more movements over the next few weeks to help. And I am still using the doppler too. And the next u/s will be the 3D u/s that our hospital offers between 28-32 weeks.

Now, I have to start getting prepared for our vacation in 8 days = )

Hope everyone is well!

14 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations on your little BOY!!!! How exciting! :) Baby Dude!!! I love it. :)

    So glad everything looks good. Hope you start feeling some more movement soon. I really can't wait for that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, congrats on a son! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for team blue!! congrats!! Enjoy going out and buying something for baby dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congrats on your SON!! How amazing! It's great that he's such a little squiggler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Congratulations on team BLUE. That is such awesome news. And now you can go out and buy all sorts of cute little boy stuff, plan the nursery, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats - Team Blue is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, a baby boy!!! So excited for you and your little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo for a healthy son!!! Congratulations on your Baby Dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All wonderful news, congratulations on your healthy little boy!!! I know I already said it but with my anterior placenta I didn't feel much at all until 21-22 weeks. I'm sure you're just around the corner from feeling your little boy swimming around in there. Hope you have a wonderful vacation, cant' wait to see the u/s pics and pics of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to team blue!! I love hubby calling him baby dude too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Leslie!!! Firstly I want to say thanks so much for all your supportive comments. I appreciate them & you soooo much!!
    Yay for Team Blue!! There are great things about both sexes I think, but if I was ever lucky enough to get PG again I'd love a boy!! There are so many cute boy clothes and things out these days :) Hoping he starts kicking up a storm in there for you to put your mind at ease!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww!! Wren has a boyfriend! Congratulations to you guys! Such an exciting day and I am beyond thrilled for you!

    Can't wait to hear the name you have picked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations...so exciting!!! Hope you had fun shopping for your little guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations!! I am glad all looks great with your baby boy!!! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete