Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Puerto Rico Pictures

Hello! Here are some pictures from our recent trip to Puerto Rico. I unfortunately could not get them in order. My DH has more on his IPhone but I have not been able to download them yet. I will post a few more when I am able to, probably this weekend.

First one is the view from our room at the Inn where we stayed on Vieques Island (small island off the coast of the mainland where we spent two days.)



The next two are pictures of the Rain Forest, outside of San Juan. We rented a car and took a day trip out here. It was really beautiful and picturesque. I am not sure if the pictures show this as well as being there in person!




Next three are views of Old San Juan and the coastline:







Overall, we had a nice time. It was a place that I am glad I was able to see but would probably favor going someplace new over going back to. We spent 4 days in San Juan, 2 days on Vieques Island and another 1 1/2 days back in San Juan. We originally had 3 days planned on Vieques but came back a day early due to bad weather. I am glad we came back a day early as it gave us a little more time to spend in Old San Juan. It was very hot & humid most of the week, but our last day there was not too bad as the rain cooled it down a bit. We ended up spending more time at the pool than we normally would have - with the heat & humidity, I was tired out a lot more easily despite my great efforts to stay hydrated. This time of the year is their slow season so that was nice as there were not too many people. I really can not imagine what it would be like during their busy season. The hotel we stayed at for the 1st 4 days was very nice -- our view of the water from our room was spectacular (pictures are on the Iphone so I do not have them yet.) There was a really cute restaurant down the street where we went for breakfast every morning. The pancakes were so tasty!! We only ate one dinner at the hotel as it was very expensive. We tried a few different restaurants in the area for dinner. Our best meal though was one of our lunches at a small restaurant in San Juan. The flan was amazing! Can you tell I enjoyed desert during our trip -- and it shows as I gained as much weight on our trip as I gained in the first 20 weeks (I hope I do not get yelled at next week for my larger weight gain this time around.) The rain forest was beautiful and the island of Vieques was too. Vieques did not have much to do and is not meant for nervous pg women like me with the roads. I do not normally feel sick in cars but I did here. As my post last week showed, it made me incredibly nervous. If I had to do this again, we would not have gone to the small island.

I am sorry I have rambled on and on. Overall, it was a nice trip. It is always nice to get away from work & life for a little bit. By the end, I was a little home sick. I am glad to be home and back into a routine!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My DH and I took a long weekend to PR back in 2005 when we were scoping out places for a destination wedding. Though we opted against PR because we thought it would be too difficult for some people travel-wise, we did have a good time. We also liked Old San Juan and El Yunque alot -- but like you, have alot of other places we'd go back to before feeling the need to head back to PR.

    I've always wanted to go to Vieques though, to see the flourescent algae in the ocean ;).

    And I can concur how being past half-baked during pregnancy makes anything beyond lounging at the pool pretty tough. Live and learn I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting some pics, it looks like a very pretty place =) Sorry going to the island made you nervous but happy you got a chance for a baby-moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to have a pretty good time! The pics are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your holiday pictures with us! Puerto Rico looks like such an interesting place, love the pictures of San Juan, what a beautiful place! Glad you had a good break and now enjoy being back home.. there is nothing like a long trip to make you appreciate being home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I love San Juan, especially Old San Juan. It's a pretty place. Thank you for sharing the details and the pics. I'm glad you had a fun babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! And even though it was hot and humid it sounds like you had a nice time. I love going somewhere and trying different things to eat. I get bored with the regular chains and love it when there's something different to taste. Hopefully we'll get to see some more pictures...I love scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pictures! Glad you had a nice vacation - perfect timing before baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks so beautiful. I am jealous, I need a vacation so bad right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun that you went on a babymoon. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them.

    I am stopping by your blog for the first time from ICLW. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete