Thursday, June 24, 2010

DH's Birthday in Two weeks...

And I have no idea what to do or get for him. My DH is always so good at surprising me with creative things to do or with unique gifts! I know we just went on vacation and I took him out for a really nice dinner our last night there -- but I still would like to do something special for him even if it is little. A couple of ideas I have thought of:

* My DH is the cook in our house and maybe I could try to cook him a nice dinner. The problem is what would I make since I am not very good at cooking?!?

* Take him to a baseball game as he is a huge Detroit Tigers fan. However, this would be a weekend trip away as Detroit is 3 hours from us. And I am not sure at this stage I want to sit in the heat watching a baseball game. I thought maybe I could see if his brothers/friends in Detroit might take him but then I feel bad it would not be something we are doing together.

* Take him on a picnic to one of the local parks/beaches.

Hmmm.. I will have to keep thinking of ideas. Any advice or suggestions?!?

8 comments:

  1. Might there be a night game you could go to that would be cooler than a day game? A picnic at a beach sounds like fun to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the baseball game idea and someday-soon had a good thought about a cooler option. Perhaps a night game?

    Cooking him dinner would be nice, too. Scampi (if you like it, of course) is easy and is sooo good! You can add chicken or shrimp to it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of the picnic at the beach idea! Probably because we have no beach closeby, so I think that sounds so romantic and special.

    But I also like the idea of a game. You could do an evening game, and make it a nice little weekend away.

    Either way, it's good that you're thinking ahead of time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't usually do b-day gifts, makes me glad because I'm not creative either.... :) I like the night baseball game idea and the picnic. Is there a movie or concert he wants to see? A 'manly' diaper bag? See, told you I'm not good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would he like a cooking class? As the cook in my house, I would love something like that, and it is possibly something you could do together. I like the picnic idea. Easy to do and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of the ideas thus far. The cooking class sounds pretty cool!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ideas, ideas... I am not great at this but you could make him a combination of songs that are related to becoming a dad like a soundtrack to fatherhood kind of thing. I am looking to do something similar for D for his birthday and putting it on his i-pod as a surprise. The cooking class idea sounds great fun and something you can do together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cooking class is an awesome idea. You can attend together and some even come to your home too. Or if you want to cook for him, there are some really great, but easy recipes you could try too. (Recipezaar.com is one of my favorite sites, among many others) So glad you are well and your little guy A is too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete