I never imagined feeling so emotional. On a drop of a dime, tears fill my eyes and I can not stop them. This vacation has not helped that either. It was supposed to be relaxing and has been more stressful than I thought. We have had some fun but I can not stop being stressed. I wonder every minute if I am doing something wrong, if I have made a bad decision, was this vacation a bad idea?
We decided to venture to this small island off the coast and had to take a puddle jumper plane. That was not a fun flight. What was I even thinking agreeing to the part of the trip? I was naive....With how careful I have been, I should have not agreed to come here. And there is a storm coming so we are flying back today instead of tomorrow. The roads here are bumpy and I feel nauseaus riding in the car. We went on this neat biobay tour last night but the drive there was bumpy and nerve wracking so I did not completely enjoy of course. I have not slept much, have not eaten well and have let my emotions get the best of me. I hope that I have not done anything wrong. My husband has tried his best to calm my nerves. I think I will feel better once we get back to the mainland tonight.
I will write more about the fun parts and attach pictures of the beautiful scenery soon. I am going to go take a nap and mentally prepare for the puddle jumper flight back.
I'm so sorry you are feeling so emotional and having a rough time. Please try to enjoy the rest of your trip as much as possible. I look forward to reading about it when you get back.
ReplyDeleteRemember, you're extra emotional BECAUSE you're pregnant, so don't question why you're worrying, it's normal. That being said, a few bumpy roads and puddle jumpers won't hurt your bean. Maybe in the early 1T, when baby is still implanting, but now he's snuggled in tight and cushioned from bumps and sways by his lovely personal spa/amniotic fluid. Just think of all the women who jog throughout their pregnancies. I'm positive this vacation was way harder on you than on your bean. :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're feeling so emotional. Preggo hormones can suck sometimes...
ReplyDeleteI hope you've been able to enjoy the scenery and relax a bit. Lara is right, I'm sure everything is fine!!
Ahhh...our lovely preggo hormones/emotions! I'm sure Aaron is okay in there since he's surrounded by his own little waterbed. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let it stress you out too much. Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the vacay! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that your vacation is so stressful! Those lovely pregnancy hormones... the things they do to us! Rest assured that little Aaron is just fine in there... those little bumps aren't doing him any harm as he's floating around in there! Try and relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation. I look forward to seeing your pictures!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that your vacay has been stressful, exactly what you didn't need =( Hope your flight back is uneventful and your nap was relaxing!
ReplyDeleteThank y'all for your posts. They have definitely helped calm me. I appreciate your notes very very much.
ReplyDeleteIt's the hormones, for sure!!!! All will be ok and you will be feeling better in time, home sweet home. :)
ReplyDeleteLike the others have said, try not to worry about doing anything wrong. Pregnant women go on holiday all the time and don't think twice about it, us IF girls worry and worry because of how hard we worked to get to where we are. It's in our nature to worry. I hope you are managing to enjoy some of your trip and I cannot wait to see the pictures!
ReplyDeleteOh Leslie I hope you are feeling better girl. Don't worry I am sure you did nothing wrong and all is well, but I know how you feel. On our last trip it was very physical draining and I wondered all the time was if I doing the right thing by going. When we got back, went to Dr. K all was well. I know it will be the same for you. Can't wait to see your pictures. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the raging hormones are wreaking havoc with your emotions and that it made your vacation so stressful. I hope and pray things continue to go well.
ReplyDelete~ICLW#17
Hi Leslie, I just got back from vacation. I am so sorry to hear that your vacation wasn't been what you expected/hoped for. I know you are back now and probably not stressed anymore but I just wanted to say that short of being in an accident and landing in the hospital there is nothing that you could have done on your vacation that could have caused any harm to the baby. Bumpy rides are no big deal. Think of all the countries in the world where bumpy rides are part of everyday life. Pregnant women go on to have healthy babies. Your baby is snuggled in tightly and way more secure that a baby outside the womb. When I was pregnant with my daughter, we went to Hawaii, took a small 4 seater helicopter tour, went to 10000 feet, and did all sorts of things. My daughter came out perfect. I look forward to hearing updates from your next doctor's appointment. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Leslie! I know the exact feeling and there is very little that can be done to help. Do you have a doppler that will allow you to listen to him? That always helps me...if I've had a hectic day or done something I think maybe I shouldn't have, or if I'm just feeling the need for reassurance, I pull out my doppler and listen to her heart beating away. It is so calming to see it land right around 136 like it always does.
ReplyDeleteI'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that this is really happening, so I fully understand that it can be daunting. Try to enjoy some relaxation and remind yourself that he IS in there, he IS just fine and you ARE a perfect home for him!