I have not been great about documenting things lately so I thought I would try to get back on track.
How far along?: 23w0d = )
Weight?: +9 pounds. I gained about 4 pounds in one week while on vacation last week(Ooops). I knew I ate terribly but did not know that terribly! I hope I do not get yelled at next week at my appt for gaining too much too fast. I need to start exercising more. I know it is so important!
Maternity clothes?: I wore maternity shirts for the first time on our vacation. They were great. I still have a few regular shirts I can wear for work. I am completely in maternity pants & shorts!
Stretch marks?: Yes, unfortunately but not as many as I thought I would have by now. I am sure they will come. I continue to use lotion as much as I can remember.
Sleep?: Not very well on vacation but now that we are back home, the snoogle is helping. I still wake up quite a bit on on my back as it is still most comfortable. I hope this is OK.
Best moment this week?: On monday, our little guy was pretty active so I am loving every moment of movement/activity.
Movement?: Yes, but not consistent (which makes me a very anxious person.) Monday was an active day (it was great), Tuesday very quiet (I was soooooo anxious) and today a little more active but not as much as Monday (he puts a smile on my face every moment he moves). Although, very quiet tonight (again making me very anxious!)I am trying not to get too nervous about the inconsistency but I just can not help it! I am still using the doppler. I try to remember I do have an anterior placenta that softens the movement.
Food cravings?: M&Ms (I know not good!!)
What I miss?: Diet Coke!
What I'm looking forward to?: More movement! I keep telling him he can go ahead and kick me all day if he would like = ) I really do not mind.
How's Daddy? Very happy! He talks to Baby Dude in the mornings and he loves rubbing my belly.
Emotions: OMG! My emotions are all over the board. One minute HAPPY AS A CLAM and the next minute, Nervous as Nervous Nellies can be! I bend down the wrong way and freak out I am hurting him. I do not feel a movement for an hour and freak out that something is wrong. I am so much more anxious than I ever imagined I would be. I am normally not this way at all. I do need to learn to chill out a bit! I have not figured how yet.
Other: I have an appt with my primary physician tomorrow for my semi-annual skin check. I had a large cyst and precancerous mole removed last year so they ask me to come in twice a year now. My mom also had some precancerous skin issues so it runs in my family. My doctor does not know I am pregnant so I am looking forward to seeing him as he is really nice. My next OB appt is in 6 days - YEAH! I will be meeting with the 2nd of three OBs in the office. I was supposed to meet with him at my last appt but he had something like 5 or 7 deliveries the day/night before so he was not there that morning of my appt.
I'm glad you're getting to feel Baby Dude move around more. It is still my favorite part so far...even on the days when he almost kills me from kicking so hard! And I wouldn't worry too much about the vacay weight gain. That's what you're supposed to do on vacation- preggo or not! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Leslie, just catching up. Don't worry about the weight gain, 9 pounds is pretty average I think. I'm sure he will start moving more soon, and it does fluctuate from day to day. He has his moods just like you! If he tends to have an active period-i.e. morning or night then that suddenly changes I would ask the doc. Glad the doppler is giving you reassurance though. Thanks, as always for visiting me. You are suck a kind, giving person. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are doing really great. Don't beat yourself up for eating a lot on vacation. We all do that. And seriously, you've only gained 9 pounds? Really, you are doing just fine and I'm sure you look fabulous. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like things couldn't be going better =) SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAll sounds so exciting!!! About the movements, I am having the same. Once day she is super active the next very still with a few kicks here and there. I asked my midwife and she said it's normal at this stage and it's nothing to worry about. I am with Katie on the weight.. you have only gained 9 pounds and feel bad..you have nothing to feel BAD about!! Good luck at your visit today!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you are doing well. I am sure with what you have been through, your anxiety is completely normal. 9 pounds at 23 weeks is awesome! Good luck at your dr's visit, I will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteWow, 23 weeks sounds SO far!! Sounds like everything is going great, and the pictures from your trip looked gorgeous!! And yah, we totally eat when we're on vacay, that's half the point!! hah!!
ReplyDelete