Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Little Boys Name and 20w4d Quiz

We have decided on a name and I thought I would share: AARON . I just found out today too that my grandfathers first name was Aaron. I did not know this because he always went by his middle name (Harry) and that is all I had ever knew. He passed away when I was 11 months old so I did not know him. It was so cool when my mom told me this tonight. We are going to use my maiden name for his middle name. My dad's middle name is his mother's maiden name so we thought this was a nice tradition to start up again as my parents did not give my brother my mom's middle name.

I did a tiny bit of shopping on Friday. I bought two onesies and also bought friendly Mr Alligator stuffed animal. I could not resist as I thought it they were so cute:




Quiz Time:

How far along?: 20w4d

Weight?: As of my appt Friday, +5 pounds. I am finding myself hungrier and hungrier so I am sure the speed of weight gain will increase. However, I know it is not healthy to gain weight too fast so I need to be careful to make it slow & steady.

Maternity clothes?: Still have not worn any maternity shirts yet. I bought two more pairs of shorts yesterday for our vacation and this summer.

Stretch marks?: Yes, unfortunately. Still trying to minimize with some lotion & cocoa butter.

Sleep?: Still On & Off. Snoogle is helping but I am still sleeping a lot on my back as it is most comfortable. I am trying not to worry about this too much. I keep having faith that my body will wake me up if it is not comfortable.

Best moment this week?: Finding out about expecting a little boy and our ultrasound on Friday.

Movement?: I am still thinking yes, a little. The feelings are still quite soft and not all that frequent. I can not wait for stronger and more definitive movements. Hopefully it will not be too much longer.

Food cravings?: M&Ms (I know not good!!) DH bought a large bag last weekend and they have been calling my name all week.

What I miss?: Still Sushi & Diet Coke! I might have to splurge on vacation and have a caffeine free diet coke or at least a diet sprite. I miss the soda bubbles and seltzer is not quite the same.

What I'm looking forward to?: More movement and starting on the nursery. I started looking at checklists yesterday to get a feel for what is needed. I love checklists so this will help me a lot!

How's Daddy? Very excited!! He shows it very differently than I do but I can tell he is excited!

Emotions: This weekend, all over the board! I am on cloud 9 after our u/s and appt on Friday. However, I am also finding myself incredibly nervous this weekend -- I am even more attached now to my little bean now that we know the gender and have decided on a name for our little boy. I hope & pray the next 20 weeks are as smooth as the 1st 20 weeks.

9 comments:

  1. Wow what an exciting week!!! Love the name & the idea of using your maiden name, great tradition! Super cute shopping finds too! I hear you on the growing more attached, it's so real once you know the sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name! We're using my maiden name for Colton's middle name too. And you are way stronger than I am for still being able to hold out on the soda- even the caffeine free kind!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name and so cool that you're using your maiden name for the middle name (mine's not really ideal for that...). I LOVE the alligator, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Cute things!! Love the name idea! And, it sounds like things are just moving along. It's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name! =) And that alligator is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, Aaron is a great name!!! Knowing the gender and picking a name makes everything so real =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, love the name!! And such cute finds, so excited everything is going so perfectly!! Halfway there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have decided on a name too.. I plan to share it soon. I am so excited that we are so close togther, and both having boys yeah! I have been getting some sharp twinges these days and like you know the pressure, so its reassuring that you too are experiencing these and its all good. I have been hungrier too these days.... So gald all is well my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wondering what a Snoogle is. Very happy for you.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete