Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy ICLW!

Happy ICLW! Welcome to my blog! Thank you for visiting! I look forward to learning more about those I have met already and to meeting new friends that I have not met yet! My blog currently documents the journey of my pregnancy after TTC for 3 years. I do know infertility is a very difficult journey and completely understand if you decide not to read further. I thought I would mention this just in case you find it difficult to read. I do wish you the very best in your journeys and will be cheering you on throughout!

As an introduction, my name is Leslie. I am 37 1/2 years old and have been married to my wonderful DH for 7 1/2 years. We started TTC in February 2007. Throughout the 3 years we were TTC, we went through a year of some very long/irregular cycles, 5 rounds of Clomid, MFI diagnosis, IVF/FET and 3 IUI/injectable cycles before our successful IUI/injectable cycle! We experienced two very early losses with our FET and first IUI/injectable cycle last year. We are beyond excited and over the moon to be 22w5d today! We found out 2 1/2 weeks ago and are very excited to be having a little boy, who we have named Aaron. When we told my parents about the name we had chosen, we found out that it was my grandfather's first name too! He passed away when I was 11 months and my dad always talks about him using his middle name (Harry) instead of Aaron so I had no idea. I was so speechless to find out that the name Aaron has a family link. We have decided to use my maiden name as his middle name as well. We wanted some family meaning in his name and are so excited to have two family meanings in the end = )

We just got back from our baby moon to Puerto Rico so I have some catching up to do! I still have to upload photos and will post separately about our trip! I am off in the meantime to watch the Bachelorette!

Thank you again for visiting my blog! Happy ICLW!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the name you've chosen. I may have told you that already, but I just wanted to tell you again. I can't wait to see photos of the trip. Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pics of your vacation!! Glad you're home safe and sound and feeling more comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great introduction Leslie!! I am so excited to hear more about your baby moon and see some of the pictures!! I just love reading the story of how Aaron is a family name without even knowing.. such a sweet coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that name ! Congratulations on the pregnancy ! Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. What an incredible coincidence that you unknowingly chose your grand fathers name, how special.
    I have been a little reluctant to read those blogs of preggo women, but it makes me hopeful to see women of a similar age who conceive. (I am 36). It sounds like you have been through a lot, I am truly happy that you are expecting your little one!Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your baby boy! I can't wait to read through your journey and I will be visiting again! Happy ICLW day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your baby! So exciting!

    Ashlee, ICLW #180

    ReplyDelete