I have started to feel really stressed this week. I think it mainly has to do with my parents coming to visit, but also probably has to do with lack of sleep and work too! I am very excited about my parents visiting but my mom stresses me out too. She is an exercise NUT (if she could exercise all day, she would but her knees/legs will not let her) and thinks that everyone else should be too. I on the other hand am more like my dad and although I have started walking the last couple of weeks, I do not really enjoy exercising. I was a competitive swimmer through high school and I was really burnt out when I stopped so after that I never really enjoyed exercise as much. She asked tonight how I was feeling -- and I was telling her that the main thing I am feeling right now is tired, that I have not been sleeping well, etc. Her response -- get on the elliptical machine. I am already walking -- the elliptical machine a) I am not ready for and b) how will that help?!? I know she is trying to help me but she knows I do not enjoy it as much as her so why try to force her opinion on me. It only stresses me out!!! I just have to let her not stress me out this weekend so we can all enjoy!
I am tossing and turning alot at night --- waking up 1ce or twice a night to go to the bathroom. I just can not find a comfortable position to sleep in. I am trying again to sleep on my side and that is not working well. I need to get better support pillows or just keep sleeping on my back until it no longer is comfy.
And work has been stressful but I am doing my best not to bring that home with me!
I am defininitely not complaining by any means about being tired -- I need to learn to control my stress a little better. Hopefully as I walk more that will help me de-stress even more. I also keep thinking of it as preparation for whats to come!!
And of course, I am nervous for my appt on Friday. I hope & pray it will be uneventful and everything will be progressing well. Only 2 1/2 more days to go! = )
I am off to be a couch potato for a little bit before getting ready for work & going to bed. Just got back from my walk so it is time to unwind a little. Here's to a good night sleep tonight = )
My mother makes me feel the same way. They mean well.....but gosh can they really put you in a bad mood sometimes. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAh, moms. They're great but can drive you crazy like no one else ;). You just need to tell mama that you need to do what feels right to you right now.
ReplyDeleteAs for sleeping, I'm still sleeping on my back at 22 weeks, no problem. I'll occasionally switch to a side, but can only do that with a pillow between my legs so my hips won't hurt.
Good luck on your appt on Friday, I know it'll be great!
Moms can be very stressful, as good as their intentions might be. What I found works for me, is if my mom says something stupid or annoying or I just laugh at her....and for some strange reason, she starts laughing with me...and poof, stress be gone!! Not sure how well that will work but give it a try...and see what happens. You both might find it therapeutic. When she suggests you expercise, suggest she go be a couch potato and maybe she will catch your drift. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck at your next appointment.
I hope everything will go easier and less stressful than expected. FX for your appointment!
ReplyDeleteMothers always seem to drive their daughters crazy. I love my mom, but she definitely pushes certain buttons. Good luck trying to de-stress! I hope the visit and the appointment go well.
ReplyDeleteI think every mother/daughter relationship is similar! Have you tried yoga or meditation or anything for stress? Hope your appt on Friday is perfect!
ReplyDeleteMy Mom stresses me out too. Would she stop suggesting exercise if you let her know you're doing your best and it's hard when she tells you that?
ReplyDeleteEver since the end of 1T I've had the disrupted sleep you're talking about. I wake up at least once to pee, three or four times because I'm uncomfortable and once or twice from dreams. Whew! The thing that helps me are the most is to stretch for 15 minutes before bed. It seems to losen up those tense ligaments and muscles and I'm more comfortable. Might be worth a shot...
I love my mom to death, but she can make the most relaxing situations stressful, its crazy! Good luck at your appointment Friday, will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the stress! And the exhaustion. I really hope you can figure out how to get some sleep!
ReplyDeleteSucks that you're so stressed out ... hopefully you can get some good sleep tonight and that you have a great appointment tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete