Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I got an IPhone & 18 weeks tomorrow



I AM SO EXCITED!!! I splurged over the weekend and ordered an IPhone! It is charging as I type and I can not wait to activate it tonight and figure out how it works. My DH has one and loves it so I thought I should share in the fun too!! We are hoping that this will allow us to cancel our home phone soon as well. I do not often splurge on technology and I have to admit it is fun to splurge.

In other news, I will be 18 weeks tomorrow. 2 weeks and 3 days until our big u/s. 17 whole days I have to figure out how to make it through. I have been so tempted to try to move it up a week but am trying to be patient based on the advice of my dr that 20 weeks is better to confirm the gender and to see our little one's growth. My DH tells me I should be patient too so I am really trying. I was at the drs today for bloodwork and I did not ask for an earlier appt even though I wanted to so much.

It was weird when I was being weighed at the drs today before the bloodwork -- the nurse was like "You do not look pregnant and You do not weigh like you are pregant." I was not sure how to take this so I smiled. Why do people say things like this? My belly has started to protrude to me but I want to start looking prego to others! I am starting to tell others finally so starting to look prego is the next step!!

25 days until our vacation in June. So looking forward to beach time & relaxing & a whole week of work off. If anyone has been to Puerto Rico, any suggestions on things to do, places to see or food to try would be great!!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Oo.. so close to the big reveal! Do you have any feelings either way??

    I haven't been to Puerto Rico in a while. I remember there are lots of forts and whatnot in the historic area of San Juan... and there is a rainforest which is really neat! There may be more then one... i was in middle school when we went so i just remember going through. And of course, beaches! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about the new toy!!!

    And, im proud of you for being patient for the u/s. It's so hard to do when you know it's for the best but so hard not to want to get a glimpse earlier.

    I cannot wait until your update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for us having u/s's on the same day again! :) I can't wait to hear what you are having. And if it makes you feel any better, I didn't start looking preggo until at least 20-21 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for a new toy and especially for being 18 weeks!! I'm beginning to understand your lack of patience but good for you for holding out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun things to look forward to =) Nice work on resisting the earlier u/s appt, I'm sure you'll be happy you waited. I didn't start looking pregnant to others until about 30 weeks...so I got a lot of those same comments. I figure most pregnant women would be flattered...but us IF girls get worried ;-) Can't wait to hear about your baby moon to Puerto Rico, it's somewhere I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for an iPhone and being 18 weeks! iPhones are so addicting. You will love it! We don't have a home phone, either. It's just easier that way. As for PR, make sure you check out Old San Juan and the fort (San Felipe del Morro). Oh, and eat yuca. Best thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete