It has been a little while since I have posted. Things have been busy as my inlaws were here for a week helping us after my surgery and then preparing for the holidays.
* Baby Dude had his two month appt this past Monday and did very well. He gained 2# 8 oz in 4 weeks. He is in the 50th %ile for weight but only 30th for height. My family does not have any tall genes but my dh is tall. We are hoping baby dude will be tall too- time will tell =). He also had his 2 month shots and cried a little bit. Unfortunately, he ran a fever that day. The acetaminophen drops helped and it went away that evening!
* Baby Dude loves his activity gym we gave him early for Christmas! He smiles, talks to us and swats the animals hanging from above. He loves to lift his head while we carry him -- still makes me nervous as he sometimes head butts us! He is not a huge fan of tummy time -- although during he moves his legs so much!
* Baby Dude is completely on formula now. I was pumping a little to help the pressure. Yesterday was the first day I did not need to pump! He is doing well on the formula although he gets fussy when he has trouble burping! He burps easily for dh but not for me! My dh says baby dude does not want to be rude. LOL.... I wish we could have gone longer with the b/fing but I must admit night time feeding is much easier. I can feed him and get him back to sleep in 20-30 minutes. With b/fing, it took over an hour; sometimes 2 to get him back to sleep.
* Sleep is still not great, but getting better! He prefers to take power naps on our shoulders but we try to get him to nap in his pack n play as much as possible as he will not be able to nap on us at daycare. We recently transitioned him to his pack n play from his cradle. We started out with just naps for a week and then he has been sleeping in there at night for about a week now. The transition was easier than we thought. However, in his cradle, he gave us a few 5 hour stretches of sleep before my surgery but he is back to his first stretch being @ 4 hours, then his next stretch about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and then an hour as he is hungry because he usually is so sleepy he does not eat much after the second stretch. Hopefully we will get back to the 5 hour stretch again soon. Everything will change again soon though as I go back to work on the 3rd so our waking time will be earlier. Not sure how we will get him to bed earlier as by the time we get home, eat, have bath or a little time together-- it will be late. We are going need to figure this one out as we go. I hope to figure out how to get exercise back into my routine as well...not sure how yet. I am paying for a gym membership I am not using enough.
* I go back to work on the third! Boo!
* As I am no spring chicken, we have decided on the recommendation of my OB to meet with a MFM specialist at the end of January to discuss my clotting issues & a subsequent pregnancy. I would normally have said no and just discussed with my RE but he does not believe in these issues. I really like my RE but the lack of testing was a little frustrating at the same time. So I thought why not meet with another specialist to come up with a plan that I can bring to my RE. We can not ttc again until at least June due to the medication I am on but I thought I would at least start talking with a specialist so that come June we can start again as who knows how long it will take. In the meantime, I will be on the mini pill to prevent pregnancy as the medication I am on can cause birth defects if I were to get pg now. The chances are very slim of us getting pg without help but I still do not want to take any chances!
* I love Christmas. Except for the cold weather, it is my favorite holiday! I love all the decorations and the family time. This year is extra special with our little guy. Our little miracle! My Dh and I look at him & count our blessings. We continue to be amazed!!
* I have some pictures but after thinking am wondering if I should be posting them. I am like others recently wondering about how to make this a little more private. When time allows after the holidays, I may investigate this option.
Happy holidays to everyone!! I wish everyone the best. Thank you for all of your support/friendship! I feel very lucky.
Glad to hear things are going well! I hope the sleep thing gets figured out and I'm sorry about having to return to work :(. Good luck with the MFM. I think it is a good thing to do.
ReplyDeleteYour lil' ones sleep pattern sounds very similar to my guys. That first stretch of 5 hours is heavenly! I hope that your baby gets back to that. If you decide to post any pics, I'd love to see 'em! :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou so much for letting us all know how you are going. It's great you are recovering from the surgery but I am sorry you are going back to work so soon. If you decide not to post pics would you mind emailing them to me maybe?
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful xmas :)
So glad to hear things are going so well for you and Baby Dude! Sorry about heading back to work so soon.... Enjoy Christmas with the family and especially with your little man! Hope you figure out a way to share some pics with us!
ReplyDelete