Monday, December 13, 2010

Gallbladder Surgery complete!!!

I had my surgery friday morning and was home by 1pm. I am feeling well, mostly thanks to the extra strength ibuprofen. The dr gave me some stronger stuff but I have tried really hard not to take it as I am having to pump while I move to all formula. I can not give baby dude the milk if I take the stronger stuff. I was so embarrased at the hospital as I was leaking so much- I had to pump while they prepped me for surgery. So far, the ibuprofen is working. The hardest part had been not being able to hold my little guy. I have tried but it hurts after a little while. I am trying to make sure I heal so I am trying not to overdo it. My mil has been fabuluos... Baby Dude has slept in their room the last four nights. It is weird though and I actually have woken up several times. I also have had to get up to pump. I must say pumping is time consuming and for me, I do not have a great supply even when I feel so full. I do not have enough of a supply to exclusively pump even if I wanted to so I am glad we are moving to all formula. I just hope my little guy will forgive me for not holding him as much the last few days and also for moving away from nursing. As much of a struggle as it has been, in a crazy way, I missing our nursing time. But I know deep down, with the struggles/stress, formula will be the best going forward!

Baby Dude will be 8 weeks tomorrow. He is growing like crazy. I think he is a little over 11 pounds but we will officially find out at his two month appt next Monday. I am not looking foward to the immunizations that come with the appt. At least my dh will be there too.

I bought baby dude an activity gym and he loves it. He moves his arms and legs like crazy. He smiles & coos.... It is very cool. He changes his moves a little with a change in the beat. I do not want him to grow too fast but I look forward to watching him continue to learn new things.

I sent a Christmas card to our RE with a picture of our little guy, thanking him for helping to bring him into our lives. There are not enough words to really say how thankful we are!

Happy holidays!!

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your surgery went so well! Take care of yourself and heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for successful surgery and support! I hoe you heal quickly.

    That's great that you sent the card to your RE. You get to be on the wall of pictures, now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the surgery was a success! I hope that you are feeling better quickly so you can get back to snuggling with baby dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news and glad you have help too. Baby Dude will be fine!! Take care and rest up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well and that you seem to be recovering so quickly. Sounds like Baby Dude will be just fine with your MIL taking care of him for a bit, all the better for you to heal! Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear the surgery is behind you and you are recovering! Baby dude will not even remember that you didn't hold him for a few days or that you went to formula. You are doing the best for you're family, try to go easy on yourself =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww glad to hear your surgery went well!
    Our baby girl has her immunizations next week... not looking forward to that either!
    Don't you love watching them play on the play gym??? Hailey gets so excited!
    WOW time is flying huh???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Left you an award on my blog! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete