I have been a very bad ICLWer! I have not been able to post & comment nearly as much as I would like to --- I was away for the weekend and did not have access to a computer (and it is hard to type a post on my iphone.) And my little guy has decided recently to push back his bedtime to 8:45pm and it does not give me much time at night to get everything done! Lots of things going on right now!
We had a wonderful weekend. We visited with my BIL/SIL and their two children! Aaron had so much fun and it was so neat seeing him play with his cousins. We really did not do too much -- on Saturday went to Costco & played around the house. Aaron would not nap but his cousins both took three hour naps! Aaron was a little energizer bunny until 9pm that night! Thankfully he slept well and on Sunday, we had breakfast and played outside for a while. We came home around Aaron's naptime so he could sleep in the car. We ended up going to mall closer to our house so he could run off some steam after being in the car for 2 hours and then we went to Barnes & Nobles, where Aaron loves to play with the Thomas the Train table & train set! I could not resist and bought him a Charlie Brown Halloween book and a little ghost stuffed animal! Have to have a little Halloween spirit.
I really really hope that Aaron will know his extended family as he gets older. I did not have any cousins as both my parents are only children. And 3 of my 4 grandparents passed away before I was a year old. I am doing my absolute best to make sure that Aaron sees his cousins and grandparents as much as possible. When we move, it will not be as easy as we will be farther away. (I do not talk about our moving process much as it is slow going right now and makes me sad to talk about it but I will once we move. Praying it is soon!!!) I also have one brother who has a little girl - she will be a year old at the end of October and I really feel bad that we have not met her yet! I am not very close with my brother but would still like Aaron to meet his cousin! Hopefully we can figure out a way in the sooner than later future.
My DH & I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in November and I was originally thinking that we would not really get a chance to celebrate it. I am so excited as we have asked my DH's parents to watch Aaron for a weekend and we are going to spend the weekend in Asheville, NC! I have never been to the Biltmore Hotel and am so excited to see it! I have heard so many great things! (Have you ever been to Asheville or the Biltmore?!?) We hope to in a couple of years take another trip but Aaron & TTC & moving are our priorities right now.
In TTC land, I have another ultrasound tomorrow morning to check on the progress! I should find out whether our IUI will be on Thursday or Friday. Hard to believe I could be triggering tomorrow night! I am actually hoping it will be on Friday or maybe even on Saturday.
I also wanted to ask if you could visit my friend Caryn and give her a hug! She found out today sad news regarding her FET. She has a great plan for her next FET and I will be there cheering her on!!
I should get going to bed soon (although I probably will not. I can not seem to get to bed before 11pm these days! Too many things on my mind.) I have to get up early at 5am tomorrow to take my little guy to daycare early so I can get to the RE by 730/745. The office opens up at 8am and it is first come first serve for ultrasounds (crazy I know) so if I am not there early, I will be waiting for a long time. Hopefully I sleep OK and am not tossing & turning in fear I will sleep through my alarm. That is never fun!
Hope this blog post finds you well! Thank you for visiting!!
Hope your appointment goes well and you can have your IUI on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really fun weekend! I hope my DD can also get to know her cousins. Our problem is that many of them are MUCH older than she is and are graduating high school and moving away. Plus, not many teenagers want to hang out with a 2 year old =( She does have 2 cousins in Portland that I hope to make an effort for her to be close with. So exciting that you're almost ready for trigger =) Can't wait to hear about the u/s today. Thanks for the shout out {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDelete