Friday, November 9, 2012

RE Appointment & Plan

We had our 1st consult with a new RE here in South Carolina today. I think it went well. I felt really bad as I inundated the dr with paperwork/ prior records, but I thought better to be safe than sorry.  I should have probably sent them all earlier but I was not sure what to do. The RE was very nice & spent over an hour with us. I did not think my DH was going to be able to come with me but he rearranged his schedule so he could be there! The staff was really nice too, especially the financial coordinator! One thing I did not totally like at my last RE was the office staff. And this office uses email. Yeah!! My old RE did not use email. 

I am very glad the RE does not want to do all the testing all over again - just wants to check my FSH & AMH. We decided a HSG was not needed since we were pregnant earlier this year and my DH had a SA in August when we froze his sample.  And having our FSH/AMH information will not change our plan - our RE just wants to have this information in our file.


The plan we came up with: when AF shows, I will go in for baseline u.s and labs - and if all looks good, will start a combo femara/follistim iui cycle. I have a 600iu cartridge leftover so it will be a little less expensive and less monitoring with starting my new job next week. I am happy to have a plan. If AF does not show in the next 2 weeks, I will take provera again too. The RE also wants me to consult with a MFM in the area to see if I should be using lovenox if/when we do get pregnant. I will hopefully set that up next week for early December. 


We shall see - we are getting started sooner than I thought we would as we know with being 40, our clocks are ticking!  Fingers crossed we will have success with our new plan.  If anything, we will know if Femara will work or if we will need to go straight back to a complete injectables cycle. I am treating this cycle more as a test cycle and not getting my hopes up too much (easier said than done though.)



8 comments:

  1. Oh I am sp happy and excited for you! Having a plan always makes me feel better! We will be here with you every step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan, I hope it's a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you have a great plan and things are going to be getting started again =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great plan; Femara/follistim is what did the trick for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love plans! They always seem to instill confidence and hope. I am waiting to use my left over Follistim also :) Good luck~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! This sounds like a wonderful plan - and I'm so glad you won't have to wait to get started again, either. Love the Femara/injectable combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful that you are moving ahead with a good plan. Wishing you the best with your next cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds your RE is an 'upgrade'!!! Yay! for finding better support. I am excited to see how your new plan works. FX for fast result;)

    ReplyDelete