AF is here!! First step in getting this show on the road! Baseline u/s and labs on Monday. Hopefully everything looks good with both and we will start Femara on Monday. I guess we will do the Femara from CD 4-8 and Follistim CD 9-13. It is going to be very strange not doing injections until CD9! I am not complaining by any means! I truly hopes this produces some good follies -- even if this cycle does not work, this method is a lot less expensive than a full injectables/IUI cycle. Less injectables to purchase and less monitoring appointments. So, I pray & pray that my body does well with this combo!!
In the non-TTC world, I am loving our new location! Love, love, love it!! Only thing I am not loving is my new job! I knew when I took it that it was not going to be my dream job but it so far has turned out to be horribly boring. They have barely given me anything to do the last 3 weeks despite my inquiring several times. I am told this coming week should get busier so I am praying that is true. Even if the work is boring, as long as I am busy, I am OK for now. Not being busy & boring is a disastrous combination for me. If things do not improve soon, I will definitely be out searching for a new job come the 1st of the year. I have even started to update my resume for that time.
I have joined a RESOLVE group. It just started up recently so there are now 4 of us. I met the leader for breakfast a few weeks ago and she is wonderful! And I will be meeting the other 2 women on Monday for my first official meeting. We are bringing in pizza & it should be good!!
I have also joined a SHARE (Pregnancy / Infant Loss) support group. I went to my first meeting about 10 days ago and it was difficult. I had a hard time opening up and felt myself getting scared to say much. I am going to give it another try by attending the December meeting. They are having a session to make ornaments for our angels and I am looking forward to that. I have been thinking about how best to honor/remember Ethan for Christmas! I look forward to putting up the ornament on our small tree,which hopefully we will be putting up within the next week. It does not feel like Christmas time to me but I am doing my best to try to get into the spirit for my little guy! He deserves the very best Christmas this year as he has been through so much change this year and has come through the change like a champ!! I am so lucky to have him and my hubby in my life!! I pray and pray and pray that we will be able to add to our family in the sooner than later future!!
I am so anxious to see how the Femara and Follistim work for you! I am going to ask my RE about going that route when we start our iui's in two months. If it can save some of the cost on Follistim because I can get Femara for $2 co-pay. I was reading about your job and thinking how much it sounds like mine. I have been with this company for three years and most days I have no work to do. I am in bad situation because the pay is beyond amazing, but I like to actually work. The boredom is killing me. Since we are moving in another few years, my husband wants me to stick it out.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on this cycle. I will be following close!
Good luck with the new fertility plan! Praying that it works for you SOON. That's so cool that you get to make an ornament for Ethan with your SHARE group. I made a couple at home for Gabriel... professional ornament-making is definitely not in my future!
ReplyDeleteYay for AF! I love the Femara and injectable combination, as I think I've mentioned before. :) And you're in such a great town right now, I'm glad you're loving where you live, even if your job isn't the best.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of a Christmas ornament for Ethan. In person support is so great, glad you found a couple of good groups.
Good luck this month!! Fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteMaybe a boring job (vs. overwhelmingly busy/stressful) will be good bc/ you will be pregnant. :) Glad y'all like your new location. I commend you for joining the support groups.
In my one cycle of just Femara and injectables I got 6 MATURE FOLLICLES! It was crazy. I did 5 mg Femara CD 3-7, and 150IU Bravelle CD 6-10. On CD11 I had 6 follicles over 16mm. I never ever responded that well when I did other combinations of femara, clomid, and injects. The most follicles I had ever gotten before was 3, and that only happened once.
ReplyDeleteLuckily only one baby came of that cycle with 6 follicles. I hope you are as lucky!!
So happy you are loving your new location! Hope you job picks up. Great that you've found a RESOLVE group and I hope the infant loss support group is eventually a great support to you. Making ornaments for your angels is such a wonderful idea. Not sure if you've considered doing the "Elf on a Shelf" but it's a cute tradition that we just started this year. We got the movie that goes with it and she really likes it. Keeping everything crossed for you this cycle!!!
ReplyDeleteSending lots of prayers your way. Thinking and praying for all the mommies I've connected with whose babies are in Heaven this holiday season...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog...I will be following your journey! I hope this cycle goes smoothly and results in a hoiday surpruse!
ReplyDelete