In the meantime while I figure this out, I thought I would update.
How far along?: 34 weeks = ) 42 (+ / -) days to go until 40 weeks -- 21 days until full term!
Weight?: ~ 20 pounds. I am interested to see how much more I have gained at my appt on Friday. Lately, a lot of it is water retention as I am drinking 100-120 oz of fluids per day to try to fight off the Braxton Hicks.
Sleep?: I do not sleep much at all = ( Every position is uncomfortable, it is hard to turn over and I often wake up in the middle of the night not being able to go back to sleep. And the night sweats have started too....
Best moment this week?: Any movement by my little guy... I love it! And the hiccups are so cute!!
Food cravings?: Still have a sweet tooth! I always have a sweet tooth though.
What I miss?: Diet Coke!
What I'm looking forward to?: My next OB appt this Friday!! And our nursery furniture arriving hopefully soon!!
How's Daddy? Busy -- work is crazy busy and since he is doing so much around the house, he is crazy busy at home too! I am very lucky to have all of his support/help - it is truly amazing!!! And I know although it is hard for him to sometimes show it, he is very excited for our little guy's arrival.
Emotions: OMG, still feel like I am on a rollercoaster. One minute I am feeling so excited and the next minute, I am nervous and scared. So many emotions going through my brain, it is hard to keep up = )
Other:
** Outside of going to work in the morning during the week, I am basically resting most of the time with my irritable uterus. I tried to go to a craft fair this past weekend and after 1/2 hour of walking around, I was so uncomfortable that I had to leave. My DH ran to get the car & two women stopped me to ask me if I was OK (one was a L&D nurse). My DH admitted to me that I did not look like I was feeling too well. I know I should not push myself but I thought it would be helpful to get out of the house for a little while. I am nervous that my lack of exercise is going to make labor much harder but at the same time, I just can not do much and am trying to realize my limitations. And I know resting is the best thing for me & my little guy. In the first few minutes at the crafts fair, we did find this shirt for my mom. She & my dad enjoy wine -- so we thought it was a cute / funny gift!!
** DH painted part of the nursery. We are waiting for the furniture to arrive before putting up the decor/decals/pictures. I love to scrapbook but not have done it in ages. I am not usually creative but here is part of my inexpensive art project. We are doing an under water/ocean theme. I found this design as part of a gift bag so we cut out one side and are framing it to put up on the wall in our nursery.
** I ordered a bouncer and monitor this weekend.
** Still Crazy Busy at work right now, which is good & bad! I am however working at home in the afternoons (I love my dr for writing me a note to be able to do this!!) I am loving it!
** Things to do:
** installing and having the car seat checked?
** write a flexible birth plan
** pack for the hospital? I did write a list out of what I think I will need.
** continue shopping for baby basics (clothes, diapers, etc)
** still figure out something special for my DH for all of his support.
** Decide on a bassinet (either a travel crib or an arms reach mini cosleeper are what I am looking at) for our room as our little guy will sleep there for a while. The nursery is on the 2nd floor while our room is on the 1st floor.
Time for me to go eat dinner!!
I hope your little one isn't too noisy and that you'll be able to sleep when he's here! I wanted Noah to sleep in our room sooo badly, but he was the loudest grunter ever. All night long. I couldn't get a wink of sleep except for the first 2 hours of the night when I would make DH stay awake and take Noah downstairs (he only ever went 1 or 2 hours between feeds for a long time), so after 2 weeks I gave up on that idea. It'll be tough for you when you move him into his own room since it's on a different floor! You'll be going up and down those stairs a lot. I've always wondered how people do that...
ReplyDeleteOh, and your lack of exercise won't have any effect on your labor, don't worry!
34 weeks already! So exciting. =)
ReplyDeleteI have an arms reach mini and i LOVE it. If you're going to breastfeed its nice because you don't even have to get out of bed to feed them... you just roll over, pull them in to bed, and place them back when you're done!
It's so great to see an update from you, I can't believe how close you are! : ) Sorry about the sleep and the issues at the craft fair but I'm so glad DH is taking such great care of you and the little guy!!
ReplyDeleteCan I tell you how much I love the shirt you got your mom?? I need one of those for at least one of our grandmas....
I can't believe how close you're getting! I love the crab too!
ReplyDelete6 more weeks? Crazy! I can't believe the little man is almost here. Post nursery pics when it's all done!
ReplyDeletenot much longer now Leslie!! on my end, it feels like time has flown by as you're one of the first bloggers i became "friends" with and it was right when you found out you were pregnant! seems like a few months ago but here you are, 6 weeks from the big day :)
ReplyDeletetry to take it easy when you can, i know how hard that can be for us busybodies!
HOLY MACKEREL! 34 weeks?! That really is incredible. Sounds like things are moving along.
ReplyDeleteAnd, please, take it easy when you can!!