The nursery is not 100% complete but we made some progress on it yesterday. Unfortunately, the pictures do not show the blue water vs the sky very well. I was taking the pictures with my phone, which is not the greatest quality. We still want to put up some more shelving (there are some built in shelves that I did not take a picutre of.) We bought some shelves yesterday but they turned out to be the wrong color match to the furniture. And I am debating about getting a rug to go in the middle of the room but I have not found one that I like yet. The crib mattress has not been delivered yet so I can not make up the crib, which is OK as our little guy will be sleeping in our room in the beginning due to the fact that our bedroom is on the 1st floor and his is on the 2nd floor on the other side of the house. And my DH wants to install a dimmer switch for the lights in the room. And we bought some letters that need to be painted and hung in the room. Other than that, I think it will be all that we need for now! It is simple, but we really like it! We hope our little guy likes it too!
A little update (more like random thoughts) at 36w4d:
* Still no word on an appt with a specialist! Hopefully I will hear tomorrow. I have promised myself I am not going to worry about it and if I need to, I will continue to call my current drs office for help. I do still have a drs appt set for Tuesday with my current drs office so I will keep this and if I have not heard anything by then, hopefully they will have more information for me at that time.
* We signed up for a hospital tour of the new hospital for Tuesday night!
* A very happy surprise for me, the contractions I was having earlier have slowed down despite me coming off the medication that was helping to control them. I was able to shop for about 2 hours yesterday without feeling too much tightness down there! I have not been able to do this for a while. We went out to lunch and had fun shopping at Michaels, Target and Lowes. We did want to go grocery shopping but I ran out of steam so we are going to do that today.
* I will be FULL TERM in ***THREE DAYS***! = ) Weeks ago, I would have guessed I was going to deliver early! Now, it is looking like he is quite happy hanging out for a while.
* Hip pain is starting to creep in after laying down for too long on my side. And when I sit, I feel like I am sitting on his head so I have to alternate between laying down & sitting to find any sort of comfort! I sat down on my new glider for a while yesterday while my DH put up the decals. This was comfy but I needed help getting up due to my huge belly! I really wish we had a similar type chair for our family room.
* I am at ~between 20-25 pounds in terms of weight gain, which is not too too bad. I was hoping not to gain more than 25 but if I do, I do!
* Today I have to work some (yuk) but I hope to get started on packing the hospital bag. And hopefully my DH can get the car seats installed. We need to then call to make an appt to get them checked that we installed properly. Hopefully we can get a start on washing some of the baby clothes, but that might be a next weekend project!
* My work friends are having a small lunch for me on Wednesday. We are going out for Mexican food (yummy!!). It should be nice. Although I joked that my specialist appt will now be made for Wednesday and I will have to miss this again!
* Two more weeks of work until my leave. I am really hoping I can make it as if I leave any early, I will have to come back to work this year! If I make it to the 8th, my first day back will be January 2nd.
I think that is all I can think of on a Sunday morning! Happy Sunday = )
oh I LOVE the nursery! Its so cute!! =) Are those vinyl wall clings for the fish?? it makes me want to go watch finding nemo. =)
ReplyDeleteCute nursery!!
ReplyDeleteI saw the Huggies on the change table, and I have to give my two cents. Pampers diapers are the best, way better than Huggies. Although if you have Huggies coupons and really want to use them, buy the Little Snugglers as they are far better than Huggies Snug 'n Dry. Huggies Snug 'n Dry are terrible. The second layer of elastic around the legs is not elastic at all. It's basically just extra fabric, because it doesn't hug the legs to give you that extra barrier. They don't catch poop worth beans. Plus they feel sooo papery and rough. Noah has gotten a few marks on his legs that look like burns from Huggies' Snug 'n Dry. But all of Pampers diapers are great.
HOWEVER, Huggies wipes are great because they're thicker than Pampers. If you like thickness. I my self don't care if they're thin because they get in the cracks better if they're thinner. But sometimes thick is nice. Huggies wipes also smell way better than Pampers wipes.
Alright, I'm done. I just wanted to pass along my experience (and a lot of my friends' experiences, too) since there was no one to tell me this ahead of time and I wasted a lot of money on Huggies' crappy diapers.
Your nursery is super cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWe use Pampers diapers, usually the dry max because you get more in a box. Check out Amazon's subscribe and save, you get 15-30% off if you sign up for monthly deliveries.
What hospital are you going to have to go to? What city?
Nursery is adorable and i found myself singing "under the sea" from the little mermaid the whole time i was looking at tit. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are good and I'm glad that the contractions have slowed down. I can't believe you're almost term!!!
The nursery looks fantastic =) I love the under water theme. It sounds like everything is coming together perfectly and just in time for you to be full term *YIPPY* Sorry about the hip pain, it came and went with me but stayed put at the end =( So happy the contractions have slowed down!
ReplyDeleteI love the nursery! It looks great. And I'm glad to hear that the contractions have slowed down too! :)
ReplyDeleteThe nursery looks adorable! And you're getting SO close to meeting your LO, so exciting! So glad the contractions slowed down. The hip pain is a bear, I had it too, the only thing I could really do is flip back and forth once an hour while sleeping. It did get alot better immediately after giving birth, though!
ReplyDeleteHi Leslie
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the Mexican food! Beautiful nursery and hope the delivery is stress-free. I went at 38w so you are sooo close! Very happy for you :)
Love the nursery! So happy to hear the contractions have slowed down and it looks like you'll make it to full term!!
ReplyDeleteThe nursery really looks good. I'm sure it's a relief to have it done. I'm glad your contractions are slowing down and I hope that your appointment went/goes well today. You are getting so close now! As if you didn't already know that. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe nursery looks great! I'm still very undecided about furniture color, but I love your cherrywood look! Glad the contractions are less, & you're creeping towards the finish line!
ReplyDelete