We made it!! We are officially full term = ) I am so excited! I honestly was not sure I would make it to full term with all the early contractions I was having. I had a drs appt yesterday and our little guy is doing well -- growing & sounded good on the doppler! My dr still believes that he will be on the small side, but nothing to be concerned with. I had the Group B something or other test as well as a cervical check. I am soft, 50-60 percent effaced/finger tip dilated. I can definitely feel our little guy down low and often feel like I am sitting on his head! Not a very comfy feeling I must say! I wish this told more about when labor will be here but my dr said it does not! I did read though that many first time moms efface before dilating so the process has begun -- the part is that no one knows how long the process will be!
I am so confused about this whole specialist/new hospital situation so I am trying not to worry/think about it. We did go on a tour of the new hospital last night just in case. The dr I saw yesterday is not the one that I spoke with last week and he was not fully aware of the entire situation. And the dr I spoke with last week is on vacation for a few days. I did express my frustration to him about everything though. After reading my file and talking more, the dr I saw yesterday thinks that I may not need to be transferred to the new hospital. He also does not think that I necessarily need to see a specialist -- that they were just consulting with a specialist on management of my care (ie when to stop the blood thinners, when to induce etc etc.) I just wish the specialist either way would get back to my drs office so I knew one way or the other -- the information was faxed a week ago and they have not heard anything! The dr yesterday mentioned being induced at 39 weeks again and how it would not be much fun because they are interrupting natures work. He also thinks that they put me on blood thinners too quickly, that more testing should have been done and made the comment more than once that this will impact me for up to 6 months after delivery. All of the opinions are making my head spin! I think they are going to follow up with the specialists today so maybe I will know more.
I am off to try to get a little more sleep!!! Happy Wednesday!!!
So very happy for you! Hope the specialist/hospital confusion gets sorted soon for you. I'm sure it will work out either way. Sounds like you now have a second opinion that the situation isn't quite so concerning as it might first have been. Can't wait to hear about the happy arrival news!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy confusion and stress!! Sorry for it and I hope it gets figured out and calmed down soon.
ReplyDeleteBut, WOW, full term!!! That's so wonderful Leslie!!! :)
Ugh to your dr's practice, maybe they should consult with each other first... : )
ReplyDeleteHooray for full term and getting the process started!!
Wow congrats Leslie! Time went by so fast, you must be so excited!! I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have been dealing with. I want to wish you an amazing birth and to the first few weeks getting to know your little miracle!
ReplyDeleteYIPPY for full term =) That is a huge, exciting milestone! Sorry about the frustration with your doctors. I agree with Mel, they could at least consult amoungst themselves before talking to you.
ReplyDeleteyay full term!! Yes, doctors are notoriously uncommunicative with each other, I think the patients are often the victims of inter-office politics. Hopefully everything will play out in the way that you hope when your little bean decides to make his appearance!
ReplyDeleteHorray for getting to full term!!! Very exciting! Hopefully, all the doctor/hospital confusion will get sorted out soon. Not much longer!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear all is well with your baby boy and that he is growing strong. Full term should relax you a bit but I know that until you have your baby in your arms nothing will relax you as much... hang in there !! Not too long to go now!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteCongrats on full-term! Hope the doctor business gets sorted out!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome that you are full term! I am not too far behind you, but I still can't quite imagine what that would feel like to be so close to meeting my baby!
ReplyDeleteIt is SUCH a pain having to deal with multiple doctors, etc. Blegh. I hope that goes smoothly!