Sunday, January 22, 2012

Exercise

I am not a fan of exercising but I have recently made a decision that I need to exercise in an attempt to be healthier. I actually have worked out 4 times over the last 8 days. It is amazing no matter how hard it is to get changed into work out clothes & step onto the elliptical machine, how much better I feel afterwards. I hope that I can continue to work out every 2 to 3 days. I wanted to ask: how often is ok to work out during an injectable/iui cycle? And during the 2ww? I did not exercise much last time. I have visions of it impacting possible implantation although I know that is probably a crazy thought. I am sad the weekend is over. May this week go by fast!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it's going to impact implantation, but if your ovaries have been hyper stimulated and have responded with a lot of eggs, you should probably only do low impact exercise and not lift heavy weights because of the possibility of twisting your giant ovaries or something like that.

    Good for you for working out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to working out!!

    I can't imagine that it could affect implantation (although, I wouldn't have been able to convince myself otherwise). Personally, I didn't do much in the 2ww or leading up to trigger during an injectable cycle, though, because my ovaries were just overswollen and painful. And, it was hard enough to just walk. I would go for something low impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done an inject cycle, but during my clomid cycle with B&G, I asked them if I could exercise during the 2WW and they told me I had no restrictions, but I might want to take a day or two off. I took two days off and then did some jogging. Very slow and I made sure I didn't overheat. I think you should just do whatever you feel up to. And you could always ask your doctor if that puts you more at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEre from ICLW (and I have this feeling I might've commented here already). I was never a fan of exercising, and then about 9 months ago I got really into running and now I love it! I don't know what changed. I am continuing to run 10-12 miles a week while TTC, on the grounds that if it's my normal routine, it should be ok. But I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW! I don't know all the specifics of exercising during your cycle, but what I've heard is that you should only do as much as you've been doing for a long time. I don't know what a "long time" is, so not helpful, I know! Anyway, I pray that this cycle is successful!!!

    Happy ICLW!
    #49

    ReplyDelete