Where should we go on vacation? Being that this year is our 10th anniversary & the year we both turn 4-0, we are trying to decide where to go on vacation. I have had some great suggestions (thank you) but am still undecided. I keep going back & forth as I want to make sure this is really special. So many questions - when, where, how long, etc? My in laws have offered to watch our little guy for up to 10 days this summer (which is so nice of them!) But do I want to be away from him for that long -- the longest we have been away from him is 3 days last year for my parents 50th anniversary party. I keep thinking that we should take this opportunity to celebrate, but then again, I feel guilty as it will mean being away from my little guy for a long time! And I think he is too young (15 months) to take on a vacation. I very much look forward to vacations with him, but I want him to remember them & have fun too!
What to do, what to do?!?!
The ideas we have talked about so far:
* Cruise to Alaska
* NYC
* Seattle/Portland
* Sonoma/San Fran (where we got engaged)
* Cruise to Mediterranean (this might be more than we can afford but it is still fun to think about.)
Other possibilities/suggestions were San Diego, Napa, Paris, Amsterdam, London. There are so many choices, I am feeling overwhelmed!!
The other question mark ringing in my head is TTC #2 and the big ole question: what if we are successful and I am pg this summer? Of course it is a big what if and who knows what will happen. I am trying to not let it drive our decision making but I can not help thinking about it! I have in the back of my mind, if I were pg this summer, what vacation destination would I like most. I honestly will be surprised if we are pg before this summer with how long it took us last time, but a girl can dream & hope!
It would be great to hear about any vacations that you have loved or would love to go on to celebrate special occasions!
I've got nothing, because we don't go on fancy vacations. But I sure hope you are pregnant by the summer!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd say my #1 choice would be California...Drive from Napa then down the coast to San Diego. Just too beautiful. Or just Napa and San Fran is fun too! If you are looking for just easy relaxing fun...do a cruise! I'm nervous about a cruise for myself though because I'm scared I would get either sea sick or clausterphobic (sp?) and then hate the whole trip! That would probably suck being pregnant! So maybe play it safe because you will FOR SURE (crossing all my fingers and toes for you!) be pregnant so stay on land!
ReplyDeleteI hate when people do this but I'm going to answer your question with a question...what do you like to do on vacation? Mostly we like to eat good food and relax by a beach so we go for beach vacations(Cozumel or Hawaii are our top picks) most of the time. If you like shows and eating great food my top pick would be NYC - love that city. If you want to relax and see some place new either of the cruises you mentioned sound like fun but the PP has a good point that if you are preggo you might not feel tip top on a boat. If you want to be out and about hiking, checking out parks, etc. then I might lean toward San Fran or Portland. If it were me I might lead away from Napa or Sonoma just because if you're pregnant before the trip there won't be the option for wine tasting. But honestly I haven't spent much time there so there might be lots of other things to do. We've been to lots of places in Europe and that's always a good trip. The plane trip might be expensive but with the Euro having a hard time it might be the time to go. Good luck with the decision, there are so many fun places to see!
ReplyDeleteI came to your blog recently (so sorry about your loss! There really are no words to say how unfair that is), and am reading the archives. Don't know if you've made your plans at all yet, but here's a few comments --
ReplyDelete-- Depending on the type of vacation, 15 months is not too young. My daughter started traveling with me when she was 6 weeks old (trip back to the States to meet the grandparents for Christmas), and in 7.5 months has been to 9 countries (The Netherlands, where we live; Belgium en route to the US, the UK (three times and we're going again next week), Denmark en route to Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, and Germany (twice, including a trip last weekend which involved 16 hours on the train, 8 there, 8 back)); if you don't make too many plans, carry enough extra clothing (and burp rags!), and are willing to keep things flexible, it can be a lot of fun traveling with a baby.
Also, I lived in Amsterdam for 6 years, until last Nov., so if you want any recommendations about that, I'd be happy to pass on info!