Monday, July 2, 2012

My In-laws are Amazing

After writing a post about my parents, I wanted to write a post to say how amazing my in-laws have been to us.  I can not imagine what we would have done without them throughout the past few weeks.  My in-laws and my DH's siblings have done so much and supported us more than we ever could have asked for.  We are very lucky.  When I first married my DH, my MIL and I did not really talk much as we do not have very much in common.  Ever since we had Aaron, I have seen a different side of my MIL and she has impressed me so much.  She worries too much but I completely understand why.  It drives my DH a little crazy but I can definitely relate more and more!  We would like to do something special for my in-laws for all of their help but are not sure what to do?  If you have any suggestions, I am all ears!

My inlaws sent us a card today!  It was definitely perfect timing after all my other emotions yesterday.  I have cried every time I have read the card but I wanted to share the front cover (the note inside was very special but I will keep that private.) Just the cover shows how much they care and how much our little boy means to them!


I want to say thank you as well for all of your comments on my last post!  I know that everyone shows their emotions is very different ways!  And as much as I am angry & disappointed with my parents, I truly do hope that I we can mend our relationship. Not sure how yet but in time we will figure it out.   The more I think about things, I am sure that they are not aware of how I feel and they think they are supporting me as best as possible from a distance.  I just needed to get out how I feel and thank you to everyone, it helped so much!!  

9 comments:

  1. They sure are awesome people! Just what you need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. The words are so comforting...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your in-laws rock =) So happy you have them there during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful card! Your in-laws are pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your in-laws are pretty amazing! I'm so happy to know you have them looking after you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad at least one side of the family is showing you the appropriate compassion and support. Hope you are doing ok these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you have the support of at least one side of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Ethan. I remember what it was like those first few weeks after my loss and I am so sorry you are going through this too. At 3 weeks, I was still in shock and still not believing what had just happened. Even now, some days feel more raw than those few weeks after, but there are more better days. I wouldn't say it gets easier, but you learn to live with your new life. Grieve whatever way you need to. Do whatever gets you through to the next moment. Good luck trying again. Message me anytime. I'll be thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been logged in to Blogger, so haven't commented...

    I am so incredibly sorry to hear about the loss of Ethan. I am in shock that this happened, and my heart broke when I read your updates. You are such a good mama, and did such a great job being a mama to Ethan. I love that you are thinking of ways to always keep him with you - the trees are a beautiful idea.

    I am sure you are feeling a range of emotions, and all I can offer is my apologies - I know it is a draining, emotional process, but know that you have a lot of support and you will get through this.

    If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete