Monday, July 23, 2012

We have a plan!

It is getting late so I am off to bed but wanted to write a short post on our plan.  I will write a longer post about the entire appointment later this week.  Overall, after waiting 45 minutes, it was a good visit.  It was emotionally draining due to my pre-appointment anxiety but I am happy we have a plan.  My RE and the nurses were fabulous, especially with the fact that the receptionist did not write down why I was there after I had told her when I called a few weeks ago to make the appointment.  So my RE did not know about our loss - I felt really bad.  He handled it really well (I will talk about this more on another post.)

OUR PLAN:  I will start provera tomorrow for 10 days and then again on 9/1 for 10 more days.  And if we are emotionally ready to start TTC again, we will go in for a baseline u/s around 9/14 (depending on the success of the provera.)   In the meantime, we will be working to schedule an appointment for my DH to provide his sample to be frozen for our IUIs and I will start taking prenatal vitamins & baby aspirin again.  We are planning on the same protocol that brought us Aaron & Ethan.  I have some follistim left but will be calling around to price out ordering the rest.  Although I said I would not use Walgreens Specialty again, I am thinking I may not have a choice as they may be the most cost effective.  I am hoping otherwise though.  


Hard to believe that if we are emotionally ready, we will be starting up again in ~ 2 months.  I am happy to have a plan but the thought of trying again is scary for so many reasons.  But, I am willing to work through my fears as it will be so worth it in the end if we are able to add to our family.  Hopefully y'all can bear with me through my constant worries of what if it does not work, what if we never get pg again and what if we do get pg again -- how will I live through the fear of loss again.

Hoping & praying that we WILL get pg again and we WILL take home a baby to grow up & play with Aaron and to remember our sweet angel, Ethan, with!!

Off to bed I go!  Sweet dreams, my friends!!  Thank you for all of your wonderful support & friendship!!



13 comments:

  1. I'm glad the appointment went well and you have a plan in place. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to decide when to try again. I'm sure you will know when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the fear is paralyzing,, but we are all here for you! So glad you have a plan, I always feel better knowing what direction I am going in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K expressed my thoughts exactly! Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a plan, and glad the RE reacted well to the surprising news of why you were back. Now let's hope everything keeps going according to that plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few extra bottles of Bravelle (I think about 6 bottles of 75 units each) -- they are yours for free if you want them! My RE said it's the same as Follistim, it's just mixed with solution and injected with a regular needle as opposed to the pen. I would just ask that you cover the shipping costs. Let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your plan sounds good. And giving yourself 2 months is good. It will help you get ready. Hugs!!!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really happy that you have a plan :). I always feel better with a plan. And I, too, hope that you get pregnant quickly and have a totally uneventful pregnancy that ends with a beautiful new addition to your family. As always, thinking of you and here for you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that the appointment went well and that you have a plan in place. Have you checked the prices at Freedom Fertility Pharmacy? We used them and their prices were lower than most, but not sure about compared to Walgreens. Thinking of you as you go through all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plan sounds great. Wishing you tons of luck, and we're always here to talk through whatever fears or anxiety you have =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy your appointment went well! Wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear you have a plan. It's got to make you feel like things are moving in a positive direction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping with you... great that you got such wonderful news :) Plans are always so inspiring and help shine the light at the end of the tunnel. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great to have a plan. You're doing great! One foot in front of the other!

    ReplyDelete