My Journey Through Life Including the Cruel World of Infertility, the Disappointments in Corporate America, the Joys of Marraige, the Wonderful World of Parenting, the Devastation of Pregnancy Loss and Secondary Infertility as well.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
13 years ago today....
I do not post much about my DH as I have kept this mostly as an infertility or pregnancy blog. However, I wanted to cherish today as 13 years ago we met in person for the first time. We actually met online through yahoo groups (before it became match.com) and wrote emails for about 6 weeks before meeting in person. I still have all the emails but they are currently in storage. I do need to get them out one day soon and read them. He had a house in the area that I lived but was working in a different city at the time. We met on a weekend he was coming home -- our first date was at a Chili's on a Saturday afternoon. And our second date was to a baseball game the next day. I think I *knew* that he would be the one but was scared to admit it at the time being that I was 26 at the time. It took him a little over 2 years to propose and this coming November we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary! I still can not believe we have been married for almost 10 years! I am a very lucky girl to have my DH in my life. I can not say that every day is wonderful as marriage is not easy but the good times outweigh all the other non-good times. I can not imagine my life without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on 13 years and almost 10yrs married! We also met online and it's been 10yrs and 6yrs married next month. Match.com for us also. :)
ReplyDeleteKitty
This September I will have known my husband for 13 years, too!
ReplyDeleteAmazing how time goes by so fast and how we stick and grow together. Hope you and your DH have time to celebrate the 13 year mark =)
ReplyDeleteVery sweet post! Congrats on your anniversaries! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the anniversaries! I met my husband on Match.com :)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how time goes so fast. I feel like my husband and I were YOUNG when we met, and now not so much. But that's the beauty of being married, sharing all the experiences of life together. Congratulations on 13 years!
ReplyDelete10 years? Wow. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a happy met in person anniversary.
DH and I met in high school. I took an extra senior year to get extra credits, and to filled the empty slots in my schedule with a variety of classes; including, grade 11 law. We "went out" for a few weeks that spring, and after we broke up and I went away to University that should have been it.
He found me on Facebook 11 years later; he invited me for coffee to catch up; we started dating and we got married this summer.
Lucky 13! Congratulations.
ReplyDelete