Monday, October 8, 2012

Update (IUI, weekend, pink eye etc etc.)

I realized I have not updated in a little while so I thought I would in bullet point fashion as things have been so crazy around here!

* Lets's see -- my IUI was on Monday 10/1 so I am almost 8dpiui.  My RE did an u/s right before the IUI and it actually showed I had already ovulated.  I asked if we should still go forward with the IUI and my RE said yes, so we did!  Luckily, we had some fun that weekend though = )  Although at 8dpiui, I am honestly not feeling it!  I have had on and off AF like cramps & bloating.  I know that these can also be pregnancy signs - especially with having started prometrium yesterday.   But at the same time I am realistic and know the chances are minimal with an IUI.

* Had a wonderful weekend visiting my DH in South Carolina, while my inlaws watched Aaron for us.  We celebrated our 10th anniversary a little early.   I flew in to Charlotte on Thursday, drove down to Greenville and had 2 interviews on Friday, then we went to Asheville, NC on Saturday to visit the Biltmore Estate & I then drove back to Charlotte on Sunday!  Lots of driving but it was fun!  And it was nice to have some alone time with my DH!  We missed Aaron a ton and talked about him most of the time = )  

* Aaron caught pink eye somehow - when I called to let daycare know today, they said another child in Aaron's classroom was sent home today with pink eye too so he must have caught it at daycare.  When I got home yesterday, I noticed some discharge from his eyes but his eyes were not actually red so I was not too worried as I thought it was just the start of a cold.  This morning, he woke up with puffy & crusty eyes!  My inlaws were so nice & took him to the pediatrician for me and it turns out it is pink eye!  My FIL had to get back to their home so he drove back while my MIL stayed & watched Aaron today as I had an important meeting at work to attend.  My FIL will drive back tomorrow to pick up my MIL - they will watch Aaron until I get home from work and then will head back home again.  They are so wonderful.   We are truly lucky to have their help and are going to miss them very much once we get moved!

* I do not talk a ton about our move as it has been a tough process.  However, I did receive a verbal offer today for a new job in South Carolina.  I am very conflicted about it!  I have to sleep on it and hopefully more clarity will come to me soon.  Problem is the salary is really low & no 401K match but in the end, I know it would be the best thing for our family.

* My work has been so crazy busy -- I am having trouble keeping up!  Right near the point I might be leaving, it starts to get busy like I like it to be -- for so many months, it was so boring & I was searching for work to do!!  Crazy how that works!

* If I do start a new job soon, and this cycle does not work, then it looks like TTC will be put on hold again.  And with just turning 40, I am not sure what the future holds in terms of another child.  More and more unfortunately the thoughts of coming to terms with having no more children has been in the back of my mind. I know I am not ready to accept that but part of me feels like I may have to with everything else going on.
Question: if you have come to terms with not having any more children despite an extreme desire to have more children - how did you do this?

* 38 days until it *should* have been my due date!  I was in tears this weekend as a friend texted our college group with an u/s announcing she was pregnant (about 9-10 weeks along I think).  I am happy for her but it hit me hard!  And now even harder realizing that it may never happen again for us.  I truly hope it does but it is hard to see right now.  Ethan, I miss you & I love you!!

* Aaron, my adorable boy, will be TWO in less than 2 weeks.  Craziness!! Hard to believe!!  You are truly amazing and I am thankful each & every day to have you in my life (and hope that you did not give me a heart attach with your dare-devilishness!)

Off to bed I go!!  Good night!!


10 comments:

  1. Question: if you have come to terms with not having any more children despite an extreme desire to have more children - how did you do this?

    I'm not quite in this position, but prior to the birth of my daughter last year, I had been in a position where I had (mostly) come to terms with being childless despite wanting children very much. (In fact, I had just about settled myself on this in December, and then in early March got crossed lines on a pregnancy test...). Part of what reconciled me was my husband's growing reconciliation; he had been keen on kids when we were first going out and when we were first married we planned to wait until we were dissertating and then try, but as the years waned on, he became less enthused about the idea. Knowing that it was just me, and not both of us, helped me get used to the idea of maybe not having kids. Also, after enough years, I was able to look at what I did have -- great husband, pretty darned great life -- and recognize what I would lose if we had kids (and there are still occasionally times when I look back fondly on those things, even though I'm so grateful we have Gwen).

    Now that we have Gwen, we hope to give her a sibling someday. I have no idea how I would handle it, though, if that turns out to be more difficult than bargained for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess your two week wait in no way is boring! Lots of stuff going on and decisions to be made. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job offer! I hope a night of sleep helps you get more clarity!

    Hoping your IUI is a success. I know how frustrating it is to feel like it failed.

    It must be so hard to have so many emotional things going on at once. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, so much going on! Congrats on the job offer but sorry it's not an ideal situation. I would hope that after you move your stress levels will go down drastically and that might help offset that lower pay. Plus you could always keep looking. Wishing you tons of luck on this cycle. It really stinks that progesterone side effects are the same as PMS and RPS. Keeps our minds buzzing, that's for sure. Happy you had a nice weekend away with your DH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh - you've got so much going on right now! I'm keeping everything crossed that your knocked up as we speak!

    I hope Aaron's pink eye heals up really quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you in all you have going on right now. I would say "could it get any more stressful?" but I don't want to jinx you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job offer! That is exciting in this economy. It sounds like you have a ton going on. Hopefully that also involves getting pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers and toes crossed for a BFP!

    I used to live in Greenville - such a great town! Congrats on the job offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs with the upcoiming due date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the IUI! I am praying for you and hoping everything is going well... and that a little one is growing inside :) Can't wait to hear updates!

    NOT FUN about the pink eye - I've never had to deal with that, and it sounds horrible! Sorry you are needing to manage through that!

    ReplyDelete