Friday, October 19, 2012

Update!

Lets see!

I can not believe it is after midnight and I am still up.  I had such a fun evening going out to dinner with a friend of mine.  We arranged for her babysitter to watch our little guys and actually went out for a girls dinner.  We talked about our little guys, our upcoming moves (as she is moving to California) and our angels (my friend lost her baby girl 4 years ago at 20 weeks to an incompetent cervix).  It was so much fun!  We ended up going out at 7pm and talking until 10pm - I did not get home until close to 10:45pm.  And now I am up way too late!!  I am going to be mad at myself in the morning for staying up so late!

Tomorrow is Aaron's SECOND birthday! OMG! Where does the time go?  My baby is growing up way too fast!! He is an amazing little boy and I love him more than words can express.  I told our daycare today that we are moving so our last day is in two weeks!  The Director had tears in her eyes!  I started bawling as his daycare is wonderful.  Although we have Aaron signed up for a new daycare in SC, we were not able to find one nearly as nice as his current one.  We will miss it very much!  Although I was sad to tell them we would be saying goodbye, it made me smile inside that Aaron has made an impact on others sat daycare!

It looks like my decision was made for me regarding squeezing in a cycle before we move.  I will not be able to as my RE, who is a solo dr, is not doing cycles over the next month.  I am not sure why & I did not want to be too nosy as he has taken breaks before.   I was pretty bummed out as I had it in my mind that if we could have squeezed one in, I would have.  A new RE in Greenville was recommended to me and I have our first consult set up for November 7th.   I have been with my current RE for 3 1/2 years so it is going to be weird talking to a new one.  I hope it is a good thing to have a new fresh set of eyes on helping me to get pregnant again!  The receptionist who I talked with on the phone was REALLY nice so that is always a good sign.  And the new RE's office is 3 miles from my new job (where my current one was 45 minutes from my job and over an hour from my house.)   And the new RE's office has so much automated -- I fill out paperwork online and everything!  I just hope I like the actual RE as that is so important to me.

I went to the Remembrance Ceremony at my local hospital on Monday and it was really nice (except the midwife of the practice I go to saying some things are meant to be -- GRRR.)  My OB who delivered Aaron put the event on (this was the first year they have done this) and they did a really nice job.  I live in a small town so there were 4 women who had experienced losses and many staff members there.  Although I wish it was not needed as there was no such thing as a loss, I am so glad that my hospital has started this to help women like myself.  It meant a lot!

And before I go to bed, I wanted to send lots and lots of sticky vibes for my friend Leslie at My Hormonacoaster!  She had her FET this past Wednesday!!  Please send lots of sticky vibes to her embies!  I hope that she will hear great news in 9 days!

8 comments:

  1. Early Happy Birthday wish to your little boy tomorrow. Sorry you weren't able to squeeze in another cycle before you left. You are so right about a new set of eyes on things though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like this new RE has a lot of great tools for their patients, which is a very good sign! Good luck in your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for the shout out!! So glad you had a good night out and that things are coming together for the move. I hope you really love your new RE and that you can start on another cycle very soon! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving seems like so much work, so much uncertainty. I am glad the new RE's office seems good so far, and I hope you end up happy with the new daycare as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Aaron!! I hope your new RE brings you loads of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a fun update =) It's great that you're getting out with a girlfriend and blowing off some steam...good for you. Happy birthday to Aaron today! Fun plans?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Aaron! Can't believe he's two!

    I like the idea of starting with the new RE. Somehow it just feels good to start fresh a bit!

    So glad you had a great girls' night out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your move will go smooth and easy and you guys will find a nice environment at your new home.
    I am glad to hear you had a positive experience at your support group meeting. Boo on the midwife's comment. So ignorant.

    Happy Birthday to your little boy!

    ReplyDelete