Unless our STBU appointment somehow changes my mind drastically tomorrow, I am 99% sure we will be taking a cycle break. As much as it sucks, and as much as I know I will go crazy during the time, I truly believe it to the best decision.
* It will allow me to address this stupid rash/allergy that I have and do not know what it causing it. Who knows if this could be impacting my body's ability to get pregnant? Hopefully the dermatologist appointment on Tuesday will start to shed some light and help me work on this.
* It will allow my DH to have an SA done to see what is going on there. I was reading my clinic's pre-reqs to doing IVF and a SA with critical morphology needs to have been done in the past year and we have not had this done so if we do go the IVF route, this item could then be checked off our list.
* A sonohysterogram and HSG are required as well. I have never had the SHG done so I will ask my RE tomorrow if I should. At our appointment in November, he said I did not need to re-do an HSG because I had got pregnant earlier in the year so hopefully they will wave this requirement. But if the SHG is needed, maybe I can get it done soon too.
* Maybe I can even lose a few pounds over the next 6-8 weeks (which is usually how long my cycle is with the help of provera.) This is not an easy task with how little time I have to exercise. But I can try!
And hopefully, last but not least, taking a break will allow me to emotionally recover from the last two failed cycles. I need to get that feeling of hope back before moving forward. That's the plan so far!!
I am glad you feel confident with your plan! I too need to lose some weight, so if you need a buddy/cheerleader, I'm available! :)
ReplyDeleteShit. I'm so sorry that this last cycle didn't work out Leslie - I was really hoping for you. I think a cycle off is just what you need.
ReplyDeleteAs for the potential to do IVF, I would give it a shot if I were you. We tried 4 iui's, all unsuccessful and went straight to IVF. Adam was the result of our first IVF and then second time around (at 40, nearly 41), we were successful again. I didn't have many embies make it to day 5 - only 2 did both times ... but we achieved the desired result both times. Your eggs may need the extra help of IVF to get you where you need to be! There are all kinds of suppliments that can allegedly help with egg quality in the months leading up to IVF as well. Hope I don't sound to assvicey ... just wanted to relay our story to you so you know that there is success out there after 40!
Thinking of you! xoxo
I found that when I focused on losing weight during a month off it gave me a nice mental break since I had something else to focus on. I hope your appointment goes well!
ReplyDeleteI think it sounds like a great plan. While I am typically a move from cycle-to-cycle I know it takes a huge emotional toll to do it that way. Hopefully the break will be good emotionally and physically {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteI think you plan sounds very thought out and realistic. Wanting good things to come your way soon!
ReplyDeleteI took 4 years, MANY round of clomid, and femara, and iui's...before we did an HSG only to find out there is not possible way for me to conceive naturally. We took a shot at IVF and it worked the first time, I had twins... but sadly I lost both of them due to my water breaking too soon. Willow lived 16 hours and Hazel 8 days. I feel the pain of loosing a child too soon. I commend you for trying again and walking this path in life you (we) did not choose. I pray for your BFP soon.
ReplyDelete