* Edited *
AF arrived bright and early this morning. Even though I knew she was coming, the finality of it all stings!! Ugh! So, now the question is What next? Do we do another IUI/Injectable cycle? Do we take a break? Do we puruse IVF? Are my eggs too old for IVF to be successful? Should we look at donor eggs or embryo adoption? We really cant afford IVF, donor eggs or embryo adoption but I think we could find a way. If we could only sell our house, then it would be easier! Praying our house sells soon!!
I have a STBU appointment with my RE on Monday afternoon. I hope to go through all of our options. My DH can not be there so I need to take good notes. I have a list of questions to ask as well. I am thinking the most logical (not necessarily the most preferred) plan for us is to take a cycle off, do another SA and hope that another SA will tell us if my DH's lower counts the last two cycles is the new norm or not. If it is the new norm, then that might lead us to IVF, donor eggs or embryo adoption. If it is not, then we might be able to do another IUI/injectables cycle. I am thinking a break might also be best to give me a little time to address my eczema and allergy issues. Maybe the eczema is telling me that my body just needs a break. I have a dermatologist appointment on Tuesday to address this hopefully. I just wish my body clock was not ticking so loudly!! It is so hard knowing that time is not on my side.
I am feeling a little sad, a little confused and a little out of the norm with not having a plan. I do so much better having a plan. I am interested to hear what my RE has to say on Monday. Part of me wonders if we should seek a 2nd opinion at the other RE office in town. When I look at the SART detail, they have lower success rates -- but the other 4 women in my Resolve Group all go there. Hmmmm! Guess we will be making some decisions in the next few days!!
Oh man..how frustrating. I always feel better with a plan too. Thinking of you for sure...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. You still sound upbeat to meand I hope you get a good plan in the coming weeks. :/ Hugs...
ReplyDeleteSorry this cycle failed. Monday will be here soon and then you can formulate your next plan, which is always a good thing!
ReplyDeleteLeslie, I'm so sorry! I was disappointed last month when AF arrived as well. The other day I had this realization though... that there's no reason I have to get pregnant so quickly -- nothing will change in the next few months. So I've told myself that I'm not going to be disappointed and I'm going to try to relax. I know women older than you who have conceived naturally even though they had no success with fertility treatments. I think it's true what they say... when you give up and relax that's when it happens! Praying you get your rainbow <3
ReplyDeleteUgh! Big big hugs. I wish it were better news too! Hope you feel better about next steps after your appointment on Monday. Hang in there. I know the financial aspect can be overwhelming. Praying too that your house sells asap. Good luck with your decisions. Sending positive energy your way as you process all of the emotions and thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBlah!! I'm so sorry. :( Sending much love your way.
ReplyDeleteWell crap. I'm so sorry. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! Sending you huge hugs!!
ReplyDelete