Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Amnio Complete! Now we wait!

My amnio was this morning and although it definitely hurt & was uncomfortable, it was not nearly as bad as I had imagined in my head!  My dr was fantastic in that he walked me through every step, helping me know what to expect.  I ended up closing my eyes throughout the whole thing while squeezing my DH's hand and clenching my jaw!  We are supposed to hear the initial results by the end of the day tomorrow.  They told me if I have not heard by 3/3:30, to give them a call.  I of course will be calling at 3pm if I have not heard anything!  Tomorrow afternoon can not get here soon enough!  Fingers crossed we will hear good news!  If everything is not OK, at least we will know and can make decisions from there.  The final results should be available in 7-10 days.

Prior to the amnio, they did an anatomy scan!  It was so wonderful to see my little BOY.  Yes, we are having another little boy and although I did not have a preference, I had a gut feeling we would be having a boy again and I could not be more thrilled!!  Of course I am biased -- little boys are amazing!  (I am sure little girls are too but I do not have any experience with little girls!!)  Our little boy was a wiggle worm the entire scan except for the one shot telling us he was a boy.  Both my DH & I knew without the u/s tech telling us!  Part of me was going to try to stay on team green but she showed us the shot & then asked us if we wanted to find out so we did!  Everything looked good on the ultrasound except one concern - they found that we have a single vein artery in the umbilical cord instead of two veins.  It is my understanding that this is a marker for potential kidney, heart or chromosomal issues (which the MFM said with everything else looking good that he is not as concerned as he would be if they had seen abnormalities with the organs on the u/s so I am trying to remain hopeful here!)  Although it could also mean growth issues and/or preterm labor risks as well so even if everything is OK with the amnio, it brings on another worry!!  They cancelled my u/s in 2 1/2 weeks but if everything is OK, are having me come back in 10 weeks for another full anatomy scan!  I am going to see if my OB will do one in between as well!  I will definitely be talking to him about the single vein artery in two weeks at my next appointment!

The other issue I am waiting to hear results on is a couple of antibody tests that my OB is re-running.  They ran these last week and they came back abnormal, which I guess could indicate a fetal heart block.  I am hoping the new tests come back normal and there is nothing to worry about here as well!

Recent good news is that I do not have to take Lovenox like they thought I might!! My labs here came back normal and they think they know why they were abnormal last year when they were taken so I was very happy about this!!  Hopefully the good news continues!!

Too many worries for one girl to handle!! Trying my best to take it one step at a time!!

I should get going! My DH & little guy should be home soon = )  I am going to continue taking it easy & resting for the evening!! Hopefully I will have good news to share with y'all tomorrow evening!




10 comments:

  1. So happy it went well! Congratulations on your little boy!

    Hope you have excellent news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the procedure is done and that you survived! I hope the wait goes quickly and that you hear back tomorrow without having to call them first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a lot to handle. So many unknowns! Congratulations on your little boy!!! It will be so wonderful having two boys close in age:) I'm looking forward to our second little boy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!! Another beautiful bouncing little BOY! Praying for results and will be checking in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I've got you in my thoughts and prayers that everything comes back good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! I know that's a lot but I'm praying for you and sending you + thoughts! Hang in there and I hope you get great news today!
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to everyone for your positive thoughts!! I am going a little crazy this morning as I took today off from work. I was not sure I could handle being at work while waiting for results. Now being at home, I am going crazy anyways! 3pm-ish can not get here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, I'm so glad to hear this.... I will be checking in tomorrow after 3 to see how you guys make out. I am keeping everything crossed for you that all will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes medical science is a miracle and other's it's a pain in the butt! With all these tests there are so many "indicators" that turn out to be nothing. Hoping you get all your results back SOON and everything is all clear {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being Team Blue! I am partial to little boys too as that is all I have ever known.

    I hope the hours pass by quickly for you to find out your results and that any issues are minor and that you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete